Aircon removal/potential parts up for grabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircon removal/potential parts up for grabs

when i got my car, it had already had the aircon radiator removed, is it worth anything?

secondly where is the aircon pump cos i have no intention of using it so if it hasnt already been id like to take it off.

finally, there is one long hose in the engine bay which i assume to be to do with the aircon so im pretty sure the piping is still in the bay.

Sooooo....how many parts to the aircon are and where in the bay is the pump?

PS if anyone wants to put in any offers on the parts if they are there feel free.

Cheers

Jay

drivers side of the block at the front/bottom.

Comment

The compressor if it works is worth something as are the metal pipes that run across the back of the engine comparment and down into the driver's side inner wing, again if they don't have any leaks in them.

The compressor has it's own unique V belt if it's still fitted, otherwise you'll have an empty slot in your crank pulley if it's gone.

John

Comment

Yep, compressor is down next to the sump on the exhaust side. There's a little angle bracket held on with 2 bolts which supports one of the pipes IIRC, leave it on or you will have an oil leak BTDT

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

well i've had a look and it looks like the pump is still there as is all the plumbing. the one that runs across the back of the bay looks to be in good order aswell. now i just have to work out how to get the parts out. so far ive established i dont have a 8mm hex bit, or a spanner big enough for the piping. great start!!

can some just clarify, the A/C pump has two pulleys on it?! also does anyone have a diagram of the whole A/C system so i can work out exactly what im looking for.

how much are the parts of an A/C system worth, alternatively if i put the radiator back in, how much is it to refill the system, seems like its gunna be a lot of work getting it out, i just dont like having loose pipes!!

Cheers

Jay

Comment

The standard pump doesn't have two pulleys on it so either someone's fitted a non standard one or the magnetic clutch which is next to the pulley looks like another pulley to you.

ATS will recharge your system for around £40 although as you've had the radiator off and the system has been open to the atmosphere you should fit another receiver/drier which lives inside the O/S front wing just before you go for a recharge which is £30 or so from GSF or ECP.

John

Comment

if you want to do the job properly

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...hlight=air+con

Comment

Working...
              X