Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alpinweiss laid bare! Dashless content warning! AC removal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpinweiss laid bare! Dashless content warning! AC removal.

As some are aware, I've recently done a full dash out job to do a few jobs and fit a non AC heater box. I didn't take many pictures but I did take some pictures of the hole where the AC pipes exit the cabin, amongst other things. This is going to be rather useful to anyone adding AC to their cars. I also took some pictures showing the AC and non AC heater boxes side by side.
    Attached Files
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

I also found this on the wiring loom to the ECU, which looks to have been done at the factory and snapped the pedal box area while it was exposed.
    Attached Files
    Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
      As some are aware, I've recently done a full dash out job to do a few jobs and fit a non AC heater box. I didn't take many pictures but I did take some pictures of the hole where the AC pipes exit the cabin, amongst other things. This is going to be rather useful to anyone adding AC to their cars. I also took some pictures showing the AC and non AC heater boxes side by side.
      Andy,

I can sort out that alloy plate based on the pictures/measurements

Steve
      91 Modded 3B
      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

nice one Andy, very useful
        What is that butchery to your engine loom all about?
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Sweet. I've scanned in the tracing and added it here. Best to make sure it's the right dimensions when pringting it off (70mm x ~90mm)

Not sure on the loom, looks very neat, so wonder if it's something to do with the AC wiring loom, as that's the only proper extra my car had.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Rusty; 30 October 2012, 16:06.
          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

I also found this on the wiring loom to the ECU, which looks to have been done at the factory.
            Interesting photos (saved for the archives BTW). First point is the factory routed the engine harness through the firewall in the same location as they do with a LHD, i.e. on the right side of the passenger compartment. However, to locate the ECU away from the RHD pedals, the RHD engine harness travels over to the left side of the car, into the passenger footwell.

The engine harness contains a number of multi-wire crimped connectors where they have joined wires together, e.g. injector power wires, etc. I am not sure what exactly is going on in your harness in the last 30 cm or so other than somebody has removed the yellow fabric harness wrapping tape. Perhaps there was an issue that needed probing. (Or it was hatchet job )

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

I removed the covering, as it had come loose and so I re-did it after taking the picture
              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Tiger Seal and an oval of black plastic works well to block the bulkhead hole. Pressed in from the inside. Better than Ally if you ever want to run cables into engine bay etc

Sweet. I've scanned in the tracing and added it here. Best to make sure it's the right dimensions when pringting it off (70mm x ~90mm)

Not sure on the loom, looks very neat, so wonder if it's something to do with the AC wiring loom, as that's the only proper extra my car had.

Comment

Ok found a photo

Comment

Cheers. Got that on the list of things to do
                    Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

And here it is all back together! How grown up and sensible of me...
                      Attached Files
                      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

I removed the covering, as it had come loose and so I re-did it after taking the picture
                        Well that is good news. Quite the mess in there, factory style.
                        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Clean up that interior

Good job overall, looks like a lot of work
                          1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

It's a daily so it stays clean for about 10 mins... Not too bad at the mo
                            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Odd question time - are LHD & RHD shells the same ?
                              Audi S2 Coupe 1995
                              VW Passat GL5 (hatch) 1986
                              VW Passat GL 1.8 (saloon) 1986
                              Carrera Subway 8

Comment

Working...
                              X