Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no working aircon in RS2, help...

Hi all,

My LHD RS2 (with digital aircon) doesn't have a working AC anymore since 2 years.

I'll try to describe as good as possible.

- System filled correctly with right amount and doesn't leak.
    - AC icon works on display
    - all functions from ventilation work OK
    - only fault code with 01c diagnostic stuff is 15.7, something intermittent about flap
    - AC clutch voltage reads 12v on diagnostics, but read below...
    - AC clutch relay 267 under dash doesn't click when putting on aircon, jumped pin 30 and 87 but didn't do anything.
    - all fuses are OK
    - I don't measure any power at the green-wire connector close the the AC compressor
    - disconnected the MFTS but no difference

What are the other things I should check?
    Big thanks in advance, it's tooo hot without a working AC these days

is the relay tested (coil and contact)?
    if the relay is ok, then it must click if the signal from the controller is ok(12v and gnd).

have you tried to take the relay cover off and push the contact manually ? Edit: (some of them can be taken apart)
    1993 AAN UrS4 Sedan

Comment

The A/C compressor will not engage if the pressure in the system is too low. There is a pressure switch that checks for the required minimum pressure. Not enough pressure = no compressor engagement.
      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
        The A/C compressor will not engage if the pressure in the system is too low. There is a pressure switch that checks for the required minimum pressure. Not enough pressure = no compressor engagement.
        ...And if the low pressure switch is open(no continuity) and the system is fully charged, then the pressure switch is bad.
        1993 AAN UrS4 Sedan

Comment

Will check that low pressure switch, thanks

Take out glovebox and drop ecu to reach it on lhd cars?

Comment

Fixed it today with a new filling lol. It wasn't fully filled anymore since driving it without aircon a few monts so a bit of gas was gone I suppose.
            Strange since with the last filling it didn't want to start the AC compressor. Only cleaned a few corroded contact on the wiring but nothing major.

I've put in some fluor dye to be sure, but it's ice cold for now so happy times

Thanks for thinking with me!

Comment

OK.. That UV-dye is awesome when searching for minor leaks
              1993 AAN UrS4 Sedan

Comment

Working...
              X