No announcement yet.

cant get heater hot, just a little warm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martyn - what's that manual you have that shows those diagrams/instructions/torques ?
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Beats me why it should make ay difference?

Tom, I was at HQ all day, didn't get back til late. Will call you soon.

Martyn
      Martyn
      -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

not had much chance to take a look at it today, goign to try flushing the heater matrix through.

Previous owner may have tried some rad weld or something.

Will keep you guys posted, Very surprised on respone on this one!

cheers
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Greg,

Good luck mate. You could always try the old garden hose through the matrix on a very low pressure, just to make sure water is flowing freely. The two matrix hoses are not too bad to get off. Stick a hose up one and see how it flows through??

Doug,

That's the Haynes manual for my car.
          Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

thermostat position

not a job ive had to do on the s2 yet (thankfully!) however about the debate on the positioning of the stat: on many cars, there is a small hole at one side of the stat , this is to allow air to bleed out of the system & must be at the uppermost of the fitting.
            hope this might be of some help!
            Simon

Comment

Nice one Simon!!

that's the most logical reason I've heard yet! another S2 myth bites the dust! have to take a look at my old stat to see if your theory holds water.

WHAT A BAD pun!!

Martyn
              p.s the stat is not that bad to change really. Just have to move a bit about to get to it.
              Last edited by Martynf; 27 September 2003, 00:01.
              Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

still trying to solve this one at the min, checked the flow on the matrix and thats fine.

Taken the wiper off and the cover for the pollen filter and found what may be part of the problem. The filter was absolutely caked in dirt and a little bit of foam was spinning around in the top of the fan.

But still no heat at the moment, They way im thinking at moment is it could be a flap in the heater not moving what it should do inside.

Has anyone got any diagrams of the heater? and inside with the flaps if your really good? tried looking at haynes manual but only tells you a bit.

cheers

Greg
                Greg

Comment

Right, ive definetly bitten the bullet today.

Decided to take the heater out so i could check the flap on the heater, and its not moving right the way across for the hot side of things, but thought while i was there i may as well take the aircon out too.

So ive now got a few more spare bits laying around if anyone is trying to fix there aircon ive got some bits you may need.

Anyways gonna see if heater matrix does warm up in a few mins too and go hunting for a new heater duct tommorow.

Whilst i was behind the dash i found a red connector with 10pins 5x2 and it has a label on it 895.971.733.B can some one tell me what it is, making me curious all this exploring behind dash.

its amazing how much room there really is one you get the fan and duct out of the way!
                  Greg

Comment

Greg,

Can you tell me what colour wires go into the plug? and roughly where under the dash it is hidden? I'll have a look through the current flow diagrams and on ETKA. I'm sure we can track down what it's for.

The part number only tells us what style of connector it is unfortunately not what it's for.

Ben
                    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Its just behind the 3 gauges near ashtray and the stereo.

Only has 3 wires in it. Brown/red, red/yel, red/blue and it seems to be on the same cable loom as a 4 pin connector also.

cheers
                      Greg

Comment

@Ben

Any luck finding out what the connector is for?

cheers

Greg
                        Greg

Comment

No joy yet, I'm afraid. I'll let you know if I can find it. The part number isn't valid so that makes it a little harder.

Ben
                          the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                          1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

I think we're talking about the connector that is used to connect to original radios. It feeds the active rear speakers and tells the autocheck system the radio frequency.
                            -

Comment

Working...
                            X