No Air Con on idle speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Air Con on idle speed

Hi guys.On my S2 Coupe ABY air con will not blow cold air unless i will increase engine speed to approx.1800 rpm.is it going to be compressor or some other component might be faulty.?

Maybe the belt is slipping. Have you checked tension?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Yes chap,all belts are new,tension is ok and amount of gas in the system is ok aswell .

Comment

Compressor is certainly the likely culprit but worth checking that your radiator fan comes on at low speed whenever the compressor is engaged and if dirt has got into the system at any stage the restrictor could be partially blocked.

To be sure of knowing what's going on you need to connect pressure gauges, one each to the high and low side, and see what pressures you're getting at different RPM. The high side is easy enough to get to in front of the radiator but often the only connection to the low side is in the passenger footwell up behind the Motronic ECU.

John

Comment

Thank you very much for your advise John.when i will get back from my work training i will connect her to AC machine and see what the pressure readings are and if the fan kicking in?:-)

Comment

Working...
          X