Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radiator is f**ked. Where to get new one? Use K-Seal/Radweld temp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have used k seal on some of the turbo busa,s at work. I have seen blocked water ways with it. I think it's best just replace old unit with a new one . I have just replaced my rad on the daily 2.3e,. Part number Nis60442 from motor parts direct £107.98. I also did the thermostat as i was draining the coolant. Part number ftr019 £14.03. One thing I would say is get a new fixing rubber damper on the bottom off rad your be happy you did. Hope this helps. Good luck kind regards Lynn.

Comment

Thanks Lynn. I'll send them an email because the website shows that part as out of stock and if I search by vehicle and narrow it down to mine it also shows no options.

I just did the thermostat recently so it's a PITA that I'm going to end up doing the radiator separately
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      1990 CQ20v
      2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

That's fine. If you get stuck pm me and I will try to help you. I do have the part number of rubber mount but not to hand. I'll get it and pm you or maybe one of the lads knows it and can post it up.cheers Lynn

Comment

Thanks Lynn, I really appreciate it. If I can't find the p/n for the mount I might hassle you to see if you can dig it out
          1990 CQ20v

Comment

GSF website doesn't list it but give them a phone and they should be able to help. I'll dig out my receipt later to find the part number

Edit: Turns out i just emailed them asking for an S2 main radiator, then they just sent me a paypal invoice so i don't have the part number to hand. £159 delivered for a genuine Behr back in 2014
            Last edited by Michael S2; 8 May 2016, 14:34.
            1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Nice one, thanks. Good old fashioned "just ask them" approach eh? That might catch on
              1990 CQ20v

Comment

If it helps, this if the GSF part number for the Nissens rad I ordered last year for my ABY.

Comment

Working...
                X