Steamy Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steamy Windows

I posted about this ages ago on the old list.
    Now that my car is back on the road its cold out again and I'm having that battle with misted up windows again. I just dont understand why it gets so steamed up in there, I have a new screen in the car, no leaves, it doesn't feel or smell damp inside, the heater blows out lots of hot air.. but it just steams up. After a half hour drive tonight with the car thoroughly warmed up and a window cracked I could still not see out of the passenger side window.
    Perhaps my re-circulate flap is stuck in re-circ? How do I check for that?
    Any ideas anyone?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Check your pollen filter as these cause steaming up if they are clogged and damp.
    HTH
    Graham
    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Where is the pollen filter?
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

opposite side to the fuse box i think! I should know cos ive changed mine but got a memory like a siv! The astra was very bad for this, vauxhall admitted a bad design but there souloution was to replace the filter every 1-2 months!!!! But iam sure yours wont need changing that often thought. The main problem with the astra is the badge on the grill! Def worth checking though cos they do get supprisingly dirty quickly! and mabe damp in your case!
        Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

I'll have a look for that then, a pollen filter eh? I never had one of those in a car before.. Presumably you can just remove it?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

IF.... you have one fitted... not all S2's do, then you can change it, but don't leave it out totally!! if you do , you'll have one horrendous noise inside, try it! you'll see what I mean!!!
            Martyn
            -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Early beasts like mine never had one fitted. found this out after buying one!! LOL

It sounds like you have a water leak somewhere in the car. Try the evaporater drain tube(by ECU), mine had been knocked off by alarm fitter and filled the car up with water, but it was under the carpets and do not show until I lifted carpet to fit an amlifier.

another is rear lamps, or on mine it pissed in thro the rear washer jet hole. Some clear silicone sorted that one out. I even bought a new washer jet and seal to cure it and thought that it must have come thro somewhere else Wrong.
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

you can also try running the air conditioning as this demist quicker than using the heat ,i use mine all year
                skint but fast

Comment

Check your beesting aerial seal, when i bought mine it peed with rain and a load came in that way. Tightening it up is a serious PITA but it did cure mine.

However the seal on mine is split now and you cannot buy that seal anywhere - anyone got one kicking around in their garage????

Cheers,

David
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Also the sunroof can be a problem. There are tubes that take the water down from the roof and along the windscreen pillars and dump it out at the bootm of the car. These can come off or get blocked.

Sticking some cable down them will usually unblock them. I have a record of mine being repaired on my car (before I bought it) one had broken half way down the windscreen pillar :wacked: must have been a massive PIA to fix.
                    Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

I'm gonna take some stick for this.... but.... the Avants never had ANY leak problems, and never steams up
                      Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

the stick begins....
                        that's cos' Audi engineers realised that any water egress into the avant would result in sodden slippers :nana:
                        Jim

Comment

Before I bought my Avant it had suffered from a leaky roof - blocked tubes and all that!

But no boot leaks of door seal leaks. Avant drivers may wear slippers but better slippers than wellies :nana:
                          Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

haaaaaaa

Welly drivers, you lot are blagged!!!! welly mobiles....
                            Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Slippers are sooooo much more comfortable than wellies! Especially when you can smoke your pipe at the same time!:nana: :nana:
                              ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Working...
                              X