No announcement yet.

Steamy Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A v small container of holts sorted it for me also,no more anti steam pads everywhere
    Rob W
    04 Audi S4 Avant
    55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
    92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
    1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

Hi

Just to add fuel to the fire; I've noticed that my windows steam up only when the blower's switched on (speeds 1 to 4), which causes the re-circ flap to close. (My Air-con isn't working BTW...)

I'm guesing I could disconnect the re-circ flap, but I'm reluctant to do this as I'm looking to do an R12-R134a conversion soon.

Any ideas why this is happening and how I can sort this?

Comment

check the drain from your heater duct which is at the bottom of the duct behind the glove box. change your pollen filter and make sure that the rubber seal around the plastic cowling isnt tucked into it so water can drip onto the pollen filter and into the cabin.

Greg
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Cheers for the speedy reply Greg.

I should have mentioned, my car is a mere '90, 20V Coupe Quattro, hence no pollen filters and dealer-option 'lashed in' Air-con. Oh, and I only get the steamy windows when it's 'persisting' it down.

I might be being a bit thick here, but I'm puzzled as to why I only have steamy windows with the blower 'on', and it's raining? Is it because there's water settling in the air duct when raining, and the rush of air from the blower causes it to evaporate into the cabin? Whereas with the blower 'off', there's insufficient airflow to evaporate the water? (Bloody hell, this is starting top read like a thermodynamics discussion - back to the car).

Right, so - Is there anything in particular I should be looking for? Such as how to stop water getting into the ducts to begin with? Sorry for the 20 questions, but I've an annoying need to know why my car does the things it shouldn't. (Not in a Taoist philosophical sense though - I struggle enough with logic as it is... ).
          Last edited by cochyn92; 6 May 2004, 18:00.

Comment

yeah exactly that. if you look at bottom of the windscreen there is a plastic cowling that goes under the bonnet and has the windscreen wipers coming out of it.

check that the seal around the edge of the windscreen is on so water runs off the cowling rather than down the back of it.

Otherwise it could be water is getting in thru sun roof or door seals maybe.

Greg
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by cochyn92
              Cheers for the speedy reply Greg.

I should have mentioned, my car is a mere '90, 20V Coupe Quattro, hence no pollen filters and dealer-option 'lashed in' Air-con. Oh, and I only get the steamy windows when it's 'persisting' it down.
              Nowt wrong with the Coupe Quattro 20V, much better than these silly turbo things! I have one with audi A/C.

I would suggest that you lift the carpets and feel the underfelt. If soggy, cure leaks and let car dry out.

If it's not that then I'm surprised. if the underlay is soggy you get a lot of condensation in the car etc.

HTH

David

Comment

Could also be heater matrix leaking?
                Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Working...
                X