No announcement yet.

Downpipes from Longlife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got my 3" downpipe done at Longlife - 'bout time they've owend this to me for a while now!! Nearly had to go elsewhere...

Anyway. Stellar job, soo much quieter, they butchered my existing WG pipe that I'd planned on giving to Chris but fair play they did warn me they might need to use it... WG joins at a shallow angle starting about 6" down the pipe, very clean, the exhaust is much quieter - i reckon even off-turbo, which i can't exlpain - at least from teh inside it's sooo quiet I can't quite believe it's a 3".

Unfortunately I wasn't in a position to group-buy this, or get a jig made up, so for a one-off custom price I paid £300.
    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Are you sure its quiet???

It was bloody loud before!

I will be in the Reading area tomorrow just after lunch and can pop in if you are about?

Cheers,

Steve.
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I must admit Ross your exhaust was loud as f**k before!

Good job!!

Comment

just rang longliife leeds 280 for down pipes rs2+ 10% oof
          649 ful system s2 +10% oof
          1990 100 2.2 10vqt 82k miles(now dead)
          1990 90 2.3 20v 166k miles
          1988 90 2.0 10v 181k miles
          oh and a polo for work.

Comment

Yup they're pretty good prices... tbh let them do an S2 and they'll probably up it a little. Bristol said 280 and then remembered what a PITA the S2 DP is to do in 3" lol... tbh it's a cracking job and I'm happy with the £300.

@Jamo, you won't believe the car now. It's so quiet! Except the squeaky topmount which will be replaced tomorrow... You can really hear the turbo now too... it's still got a bit of note to it but you could actually drive through a built-up area at night without feeling guilty with anything over 1/2 throttle!
            AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Sounds like a good job mate Glad to see its all finished.
              Cheers,

Chris

Silver S2 Avant : Sold

Comment

Working...
              X