Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iroz manifold temporary alternatives

Hi all
    My Iroz manifold is stuck in what seems to be the paid for, no-response, months-have-passed production phase out there in the USA. I'm trying to stay positive but with a project deadline in September the only alternative is to temporarily fit a China cheapo. We're moving from stock to HX40 turbo with T3 flange and 44mm wastegate. Would these China jobs place the turbo in more or less the same position as the Iroz? Trying to make the best of a bad situation so would not like to re-plumb/fab everything from scratch. Any other suggestions? Including cheap secondhand manifolds lying around.

thanks

what about a jemo manifold?

Comment

I believe the Chinese manifolds all have a KKK flange for the turbo. Never seen one come with a T3/4 flange out of the box.
      "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Turbular or cast?
        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

you may find that the downpipe needs reworking. i have had 2 wagner tubulars. first one was ever so slightly different to second but downpie had to be modded to fit.

Comment

GazzaG60 That's what I was afraid of, I'll have to redo the downpipe and also have not seen a china T3. But I guess I can fabricate a temp conversion flange.
            It seems aftermarket exhaust manifolds is a waiting game. Thought I'd bail from the Wagner SQ group buy only to get into another queue...Jonas_R I'm waiting for a tubular.

Comment

Originally posted by amarider View Post
              Hi all
              My Iroz manifold is stuck in what seems to be the paid for, no-response, months-have-passed production phase out there in the USA. I'm trying to stay positive but with a project deadline in September the only alternative is to temporarily fit a China cheapo. We're moving from stock to HX40 turbo with T3 flange and 44mm wastegate. Would these China jobs place the turbo in more or less the same position as the Iroz? Trying to make the best of a bad situation so would not like to re-plumb/fab everything from scratch. Any other suggestions? Including cheap secondhand manifolds lying around.

thanks
              If you've waited this long I would just wait I'm sure it will be worth it in end. Also the cast replica manifold are not t3 fitment so it needs the holes filling and drilling to suit your flange on turbo. Then there's your housing for dp which will need adjusting or remaking and custom oil and water pipes then list of other parts which you would need. All best Michael

Comment

How about this from cp-service.se?
                http://webshop.cp-service.se/en/151-audi-20v.html

I have had some of their items and they were nice.
                Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas_R View Post

Thanks for the tip.Just ordered a flywheel and clutch from them. Been very helpful although I caught them during Swedish holiday.
                  Makes sense to do manifold as well but that means trying to get a refund from Iroz which will probably be impossible considering there is no comms in the first place...

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas_R View Post

will they ship to the USA?
                    Thx
                    Last edited by varia; 26 July 2017, 18:03.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mac2226 View Post

If you've waited this long I would just wait I'm sure it will be worth it in end. Also the cast replica manifold are not t3 fitment so it needs the holes filling and drilling to suit your flange on turbo. Then there's your housing for dp which will need adjusting or remaking and custom oil and water pipes then list of other parts which you would need. All best Michael
                      Thought as much, thanks. It's just going to rack up more cost.
                      We've got our annual 'speedweek' on end September and would hate to miss it due to having to wait 5 months when I was quoted 2-3 weeks. We've invested a packet into the build already to get everything done in time.

Comment

Originally posted by varia View Post

will they ship to the USA?
                        Thx
                        Don't know but I can ship it onwards if it should come to that.
                        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

how long are you waiting for your manifold?

Comment

Originally posted by rxl View Post
                            how long are you waiting for your manifold?
                            4 months

Comment

do you also have the iroz downpipe ?

Comment

Working...
                              X