No announcement yet.

Egt in exhuast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What EGT ( pre-turbo ) temperature yours measure with 7A cams using original timing?
    .: Audi Coupe Quattro 20V 91' :.
    .: Audi/PorscheRS2 95' :.
    .: Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 96' :.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuno_Cristiano View Post
      What EGT ( pre-turbo ) temperature yours measure with 7A cams using original timing?
      depends on ignition timing 960-985 deg C
      [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

What about fitting EGT K coupler into #1 cylinder close to collector? As i think #1 have biggest worn and temperature.
        Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

I always thought it was the cyl 3 having the highest temperature being in the middle

Comment

No 5 is the hottest , coolant flange being there - coolant takes away heat from cylinders 1 2 3 4 and gets quite hot by the time it reaches No 5 .

Comment

I don't see any point in putting the egt sensor in just one runner..?

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
              Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
              BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
              BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

I have constant measurement in each runner. What i can see from my logs is that cyl nr 4 is almost always the hottest one during hard pulls. Could be a measurement fault.
                Here is a picture from my log file, EGT 1 is cyl 1 and so on. Sensors sits in the middle of the runners.

EGT measurement .jpg20150208_150342.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by s0_big
                  I have constant measurement in each runner. What i can see from my logs is that cyl nr 4 is almost always the hottest one during hard pulls. Could be a measurement fault.
                  Here is a picture from my log file, EGT 1 is cyl 1 and so on. Sensors sits in the middle of the runners.

EGT measurement .jpg20150208_150342.jpg

Cylinder EGT is also related to the type of exhaust manifold. If number 4 is the one before last on the right, looking at the bends there the slightly higher temperature may be due to that.

My point about cyl3 being the hottest was from my mechanic having suggested in the past that as it sits in the middle of the 5 cylindes on the block it seems to be the one needing rebore the earliest. I
                  May be wrong of course

Comment

Working...
                  X