Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a cylinder head flow more than the exhaust can handle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steady on

Comment

Comment

I won't flame you, but I am pretty certain that by wording it slightly differently, you could have been more helpful, AND left the OP feeling encouraged and not thinking you are acting like a pillock

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
          I won't flame you, but I am pretty certain that by wording it slightly differently, you could have been more helpful, AND left the OP feeling encouraged and not thinking you are acting like a pillock
          I agree.. but do you really mean "more" helpful... or just "helpful"...?
          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

If the car runs lean at the top end, no matter how much fuel you add in the table, then your fuel system is maxed out.
            Pump, pipework, injectors, fpr etc.

I’m not a tuner, just thinking logically.
            Last edited by newsh; 25 November 2018, 09:03.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

Indeed. The checks so far don't show any obvious issues, injectors are the 034 upgrade (brand new ones) and they are meant to squirt more than the original Hitachi 7a items. You would expect to have a bit of 'spare' which could be added in with the map but it doesn't seem to be working out like that. I did find an Extra 100ml /min fuel flow by changing the pump and running from relay so hopefully that rules out shortfall there. Solid lines front to back replaced with new pipes due to the usual corrosion finally seeing the old ones crumble. Filter new with injectors also.

@ Bowie69 - no cat.

I shall update with results of exhaust tests when done and that (and fitting new back box if it turns out to likely yield improvement) will be the last thing I can do before going back for remap visit mk2.

I shall definitely update after that, let's hope it is good news

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post

I agree.. but do you really mean "more" helpful... or just "helpful"...?
                Tuning the car with no logs and no knowledge of how the ECU works, then posting a thread about it is a waste of everyone's time.
                Car needs to go to a proper tuner who has a clue what they are doing, simple as that. I mean, one who has at least read a book on digital engine control or something.

The two paragraphs in the first post show complete and utter ignorance to the function of digital engine control. Every important map in this ECU has load on it's axis, yet these guys have no idea what load even is.
                http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

The very last line of my first post was 'appreciate your thoughts' not on my lack of knowledge but suggestions on what may be the way forward to resolve things. Are you happy to share what you know that no one else does?

Comment

Haha... I only saw the "too lean" issue but I understand his issue now. Full load and part load table?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Afr curves. Aiming for max power at max load afr. Not achieving it, adjustment to fuel map make no difference. My engine settles at 14.7:1 which is alright for cruising but not so good for accelerating.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Comment

What fuel pressure reg are you using and is the diaphragm ok? Does it hold vacuum when you suck on it? The vacuum hose that is. Lol.

Comment

the diaphragm is fine!

It's a standard 7a fpr. That was tested and at idle it was 3.4 bar, take hose off and it went up to 3.9. The holding pressure was good too ​​​​​​ I added a threaded boss to one end of the rail to make testing pressure a lot easier than interrupting a supply line. It s a 5 second job now!

I have an adjustable one which I was using but I wasn't convinced by it as it wasnt a great fit, the standard one can usually deliver so am happy with it back on now its tested o.k.

Comment

Originally posted by steve briance
                                Afr curves. Aiming for max power at max load afr. Not achieving it, adjustment to fuel map make no difference. My engine settles at 14.7:1 which is alright for cruising but not so good for accelerating.
                                I have no idea if the 7A is similar to the S2 but I was told that in the S2 the MAF is not used at WOT. Closed loop only happens at part throttle.
                                If your 7A is similar and if there was an issue with your TPS, then the ECU would keep trying to pull the mixture back to stoich even at full throttle.
                                Just a thought.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X