Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newsh
    Yes you need the crossmember with the IC return pipe inside it from an S2
    Would I be able to fit the stock bumper on the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Or fabricate a new front cross member for the intercooler. As has been suggested you could potentially run two smaller intercoolers to keep the bumper stock. If you were able to get a decent amount for the wagner IC you have you could use that to fund a different inlet manifold and a more generic intercooler that will fit the space you have
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
        Or fabricate a new front cross member for the intercooler. As has been suggested you could potentially run two smaller intercoolers to keep the bumper stock. If you were able to get a decent amount for the wagner IC you have you could use that to fund a different inlet manifold and a more generic intercooler that will fit the space you have
        Yes today at school I was talking about making a custom bracket the replaces the stock one. I think I’m going to end up doing that.

It’s inconvenient to use the stock intake manifold but I think we can make it work. We have an idea we just gotta put it into play. I wish I had more that 1-2 hours per day to work on the car. And I’m by myself most of the time which isn’t great. I always like to have someone else there to bounce ideas off of.

Comment

This is what I’d really like to do

Comment

That's just an S2 crossmember... It probably would be the best option for getting the Wagner IC to fit neatly...
            Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
            S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
            '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid
              That's just an S2 crossmember... It probably would be the best option for getting the Wagner IC to fit neatly...
              Ok now I just gotta find one. I’ve been doing some looking and I found one on the motorgeek forum that was posted over a year ago but the guy never said it sold. Might be worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by HONDATUNING776
                This is what I’d really like to do

That’s a stock S2 crossmember

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

Which bumper do you have? Is it the v6 style bumper? I think you will struggle to fit it behind with the stock x member unless you fab your own and mount the IC slightly higher
                  Greg

Comment

Which bumper do you have? Is it the v6 style bumper? I think you will struggle to fit it behind with the stock x member unless you fab your own and mount the IC slightly higher
                    If this car was all together it would look exactly like this

Comment

I’m not an expert on those bumpers, the folk stateside should be able to help though. But I think you will have trouble fitting the intercooler behind that bumper
                      Greg

Comment

I’m not an expert on those bumpers, the folk stateside should be able to help though. But I think you will have trouble fitting the intercooler behind that bumper
                        Ok. I still want the rs2 cross members. If I gotta make a custom one I will but I’d rather get the cross member to save time. Plus it’s meant for the car and the intercooler I have.

So, if anyone has a RS2 CROSSMEMBER, let me know. I only need the crossmember and not the intercooler!

Comment

S2 crossmember... (not necessarily an RS2 one... ​​​​​​)
                          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid
                            S2 crossmember... (not necessarily an RS2 one... ​​​​​​)
                            Ok thank you. Ok so if anyone has a crossmember that looks like this let me know please!

Comment

When I built my 80q, I installed a sizable intercooler by cutting the cross member which allowed the intercooler to sit up and back farther. I'll see if I can find the pics. Also, you could build your own S2 style cross member with the intercooler pipe integrated into it. That is my next step. My piping wraps up in front of the radiator, and across behind the grill currently.

Comment

Originally posted by De80q
                                When I built my 80q, I installed a sizable intercooler by cutting the cross member which allowed the intercooler to sit up and back farther. I'll see if I can find the pics. Also, you could build your own S2 style cross member with the intercooler pipe integrated into it. That is my next step. My piping wraps up in front of the radiator, and across behind the grill currently.
                                Yea man if you have some pictures of that, that would be helpful. I made a thread in the parts wanted seeing if anyone had a crossmember. I’d rather buy one then make one but they are probably rare enough it would be better to make one.

Comment

Working...
                                X