Tesco momentum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesco momentum

Does anyone using this fuel experience any unusual smell coming from car. Guys from work that are behind me say the car really smells bad. I’ve checked on the net and it says it’s sulphur and that because our cars are high performance the fuel is putting the fuel mixture under undue stress as they were not designed to use 99 octane fuel anyone got any thoughts on this.

They require 98 octane and can adjust ignition advance to deal with 99ron, i dont beleive that would put the fuel system under stress. Your problem if it actually a problem is something else.

Mine is fine on tesco momentum. Try a different high octane fuel if it bothers you and see if that is the same.

Comment

I have but it's never been a cause for concern. I've moved to using Esso super unleaded because - as far as I'm aware - it's the only major brand with no ethanol in it.

Comment

I’ve tried the new Esso 99 as it’s the only one in my town but at £1.38 a ltr compared to £1.21 with Tesco although its 6 miles away I’ll stick with it I can’t smell it anyway

Comment

If it smells sulphurous (rotten eggs) it’s more likely to be the cats going home, if your car has cats that is.
          Unless it’s whatever Tesco use to increase the octane?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

I'd enjoy the smell of whatever you can burn. It won't be many years until it will be like moonshine
            91 Modded 3B
            14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

It also smokes until it gets warm and smells oily but it’s white smoke not the blue I’d expect with oil burn and I’ve had all the gaskets and seals done recently I’ve also a 3” straight through stainless exhaust so no pussy’s

Comment

If smell like egg is running lean ...ish

Comment

run the car basically on it since it was available...with and without cats and never had an issue. Car has always run well on it when no underlying issues.
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I’ve also run it since it came out I’ve not noticed any smell then I’m not behind me having spoken to a few of the lads it’s a strong smell of petrol they say.

Comment

Working...
                    X