X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What exhaust systems r u folks running

Originally posted by Paulm
    Milltek don't do 3" ant more

what about big power people r u using off the shelf pipes?

Doug, Mark etc

cheers

Paul
    When you want large bore systems it's custom jobs only i think. I bought bends and pipe, used a MIG to hold it together and got a pro to TIG it.

Comment

Paulm,

I have not really finished my system yet, I have a custom built 3 inch downpipe with a seperate wastegate pipe that exhausts just behind the front right wheel. This joins a 2.5 inch Milltek exhaust that has been on the car for a few years (one of the first things I bought for it).
      Once I have my new engine built and in and I find another bank to rob I will have the same fella who made the downpipe finish the whole lot off in 3 inch, probably with just a back box to keep it legal.

Cheers,

Mark.
      Mark - Modded

Comment

I have a scorpion de-cat system,love the noise too,but its not for everyone.
        Rob W
        04 Audi S4 Avant
        55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
        92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
        1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

ok so it is looking like custom pipe then.

Audi-cq, that is some pipe I bet the neighbours love u.

maybe 2.5 is big enough after front pipe as the gasses r cooling and the volume decreases the cooler the gas is. Don't know

Paul
          S4 2.7 Twin Turbo, with a few mods

Comment

Audi CQ - that looks good - I like the flexible pipe in there but why do you split it into 2 ?
            S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Markus

Had a look at that site, looks very good but just a bit expensive when u add it all up

Paul

Comment

Paulm : I't's not been fired up yet so I don't know how loud it is. I've got a large rear silencer, but if it's too loud I'll add another silencer to make my neighbours happy

Doug_RS2 : I wanted to try using 2 smaller (2.5") instead of one large (3-3.5") to avoid the "roumbling" / resonance that large pipes often causes at normal everyday driving.

Comment

Mark

looks like i will be going same way as u for a while 3" front into 2.5" to back.

Paul

Comment

Am I going to be the first with a 4" exhaust on a street audi? This is going on a type 44 tho, so maybe I have more room

Comment

Working...
                    X