Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dahlback cone??

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying that dahlback open air filter kit.
    But... does it straight fit in a 3B?? Or do you have to bend pipes and stuff?

And another question> which dump valve is good for a 3B? And what are the differences with 'AN6' connection??

Thanks!
    Attached Files

I have this one. But I lost the filter somewhere :/. Should be a straith swap.
    Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

I think tom is arranging with a local firm to make something similar for the S2 that will be a bit easier on the pocket.

Greg
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Yeah, i am, but i need some measurements from an original pipe etc. Plus sizes of the sheild, blah, blah, blah. etc etc etc
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

It would appear to be a pair 80mm diameter 90º bends welded together. Can't help on the shield though.

I was going to make something from silicon elbows but I'll wait till you've done some investigating.

Ben
          the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
          1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Will be able to provide you with the details/measurments in few days. I'ts in a garage.

Vadim.
            Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

cheers sweeper, the pipes are offset too i think. But by how much??
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
                Yeah, i am, but i need some measurements from an original pipe etc. Plus sizes of the sheild, blah, blah, blah. etc etc etc
                Tom - I have zee Dahlback one for recce purposes !

It can be improved I reckon as the heatshield sits mighty close to the MAF, and a longer nose on the pipework would facilitate more filter choices.

The actual heatshield isn't a bad fit either but I'd use a better material than a straight piece of aluminium sheet.

Paul
                Paul Nugent
                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

I guess the cone setup uses a piece of hose between the stainless and the MAF so its not rigidly mounted.

Greg
                  Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I've been trying to source 80mm 90deg bends without success.
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by porkkis
                      I've been trying to source 80mm 90deg bends without success.
                      Dahlback list them on their site but they aren't cheap. They are hidden in with the flanges IIRC.

Ben
                      the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                      1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Working...
                      X