• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock bumper S2 does not approach.
    There is a desire to put RS2 a replik.

Such fans has bought with Ebay 2х10"

Sorry for my english
    Last edited by Sechan; 27 January 2010, 04:41.
    VAG service Almaty
    master-service.kz

Comment

VAG service Almaty
      master-service.kz

Comment

This is how I did using the oem radiator flipped, a truck cooling fan, and even the secondary (from NM/7A) radiator in front of the engine. Experience: I had to do a pair of holes on the thermostat to send more water when opened. I had problems running the engine hot (100°C) when no air was coming through the top and bottom grilles. Cheers!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 20vQC; 12 March 2010, 09:30.
        - Looking for a S2
        - Lancia Dedra HF turbo i.e. (4sale)
        - Typ89 Coupè quattro, 20Vt AAN, VEMS, K24-7000@1.3bar (scrapped )

sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know the original owner-builer of this car. I have stolen the idea about the cooling system but it doesnt work ok.

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post

There was some other shots of different cars but these have been my inspiration so far.
          Last edited by lini; 8 May 2010, 17:43.
          S2+AAN in progress (again), BMW 3 compact

Comment

Its vincent from this forum

Comment

Thanks. But this guy had his last activity here in January. If anyone has any idea about this setup I'd realy need some help.

I've bought and installed the same cooler as on vincents car and it came with a slim blower. So here is the link to the seller:

Linkie-EBAY

Now I have a constant owerheating problem when pushing hard uphill. I conected the fan to constant poversuply, ditched the thermostat but it steel runs hot and when going realy har uphil for 10minutes or so the cap on expancion opens. I'll try next week with an original honda blower. It looks like the fan will have to stay always on.

Please help me if anyone has any idea about that setup. Vincents car looks like it has some engine upgrades done and it runs ok with that cooler I don't understand where I missed in buildup. I have to say that I have a complete AAN setup for all agregates but I doubt that a/c pump and alternator block so much air that ewen the blowed doesnt bring down the coolant temperature.

Thanks.
              S2+AAN in progress (again), BMW 3 compact

Comment

$54.98 for a rad and fan..... thats a bargain and a half. even if you never use it lol

Comment

Just to update this before the car gets taken apart this was the original setup

I managed to keep the aircon rad from the front and fit a big intercooler (same as the one s2_bo has in his how to guide and not have to trim the bumper or nothing, it actually fitted in quite well and was an easy mod to do using the bits that was left from the original setup kim collins did on the car. The rad could have been put in the stock place but either the one above or a stock one twisted with a slim line fan.

Comment

Hello good night, I'm running an AAN intake manifold and I have made a rdiador, but I have problems of overheating, I would like to know what would be the best option for this type of installation, I consider returning to the original inclined radiator.

REGARDS

Comment

Can anyone help me ??

REGARDS

Comment

I have a rad from Vidar skotheim made to fit with a aan manifold. And a spal fan behind it
                        works fine on mine. I May sell it cus i Do not need it. Since Im not running aan manifold

Comment

Could you put a photo to see it? Why do not you use it?

GREETINGS AND THANKS

Comment

Im running a pure race manifold from furans
                            send me a pm

Comment

Working...
                            X