Original RS2 or Wagner EM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original RS2 or Wagner EM

I have an RS2 exhaust manifold and was interested in opinions on whether a Wagner cast EM is really worth purchasing for my target output (max) of 300kw.Other components such as the turbo,injectors and exhaust system have already been purchased,so the only variable would be the EM.I realise that from a design perspective,the Wagner flows better,but is there actually any appreciable performance increase to be had from the Wagner EM for my application?

At that power level, no it's not worth changing if you already have an RS2 item

Comment

Maybe a few HPs to gain with the Wagner EM and 1 cylinder running hotter with the RS2 EM due to the 22mm obstruction in one of the RS2 EM runners.

Comment

but also maybe a tiny bit more lag with the EVO due to the larger bore diameters

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.As I thought too.While Im sure the Wagner EM is very good,at more than twice the price I paid for the RS2 EM,the gains are not worth the cost.

Comment

but they look nice - especially if you have the IM too lol....

Comment

I concur, I have both IM and EM

If your aim is 300 bhp and you have an RS2 item already no point in changing unless it's cracked or damaged at which point by the Wagner and not an OEM replacement.

If your going to increase your power levels over time then it is worth doing now to a Wagner rather than having to remove the em twice. exhaust stud roulette anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by urq20v View Post
                my target output (max) of 300kw.
                300KW=408 bhp

If it's not a mistake on typing better go with Wagner EM......
                http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

Didn't notice it was in pesky european figures!

Comment

Yes,my target power is 300 kilowatts.Sorry about the confusion.I guess the RS2 EM is closer to its limits at this power.

Comment

RS2 manifold is approaching max effeciency around 400-450 bhp at these levels I agree I'd prefer to use the wagner however I think my original status stands

If thats your overall aim and your not going to go for more bhp in the future it's fine, if you are then I would change it

Comment

agree.

i reckon 400hp is a good time to move on with manifolds if your stil upping the numbers.

Comment

Working...
                        X