Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you ignore the arguing this is a very good thread to read for those wanting to understand the problems of increasing the MAF bore side.

Mihnea's post on the working of the ECU are also good knowledge to have.

Comment

At the risk of getting shot....

I run NO MAF with std motronic on my URS4. Cars runs strong, 458Hp for now (will soon push boost to 2 bar) and all is well. How? We use a unichip to simulate MAF from map and rpm. Feed it to the ecu and tune the fueling via this map as well.

no error codes, ecu happy, AFR spot on - always.

Ok, start shooting...

I must say, boost at high rpm MUCH better without maf to suck through
      1993 URS4 530hp Twincharged
      2002 S8

Comment

Originally posted by Bambi View Post
        At the risk of getting shot....

I run NO MAF with std motronic on my URS4. Cars runs strong, 458Hp for now (will soon push boost to 2 bar) and all is well. How? We use a unichip to simulate MAF from map and rpm. Feed it to the ecu and tune the fueling via this map as well.

no error codes, ecu happy, AFR spot on - always.

Ok, start shooting...

I must say, boost at high rpm MUCH better without maf to suck through
        Thank you I posted a thread asking how this was done last month

Comment

If the MAF reading is unreliable at these power figures then simulating is going to be as good as actual I suppose.
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
            If the MAF reading is unreliable at these power figures then simulating is going to be as good as actual I suppose.
            Thinking hat on...................

If the ECU range is 0-5v on a fixed scale and you simulate these values you will still max out at the same value of the MAF within the ECU.

I just wanted to know how this could be done without a MAF but thinking about it there is no gain as you can move the MAF to the pressure side to stop the wire being removed.

Comment

IF YOU CAN DITCH IT ALL TOGETHER ITS EVEN BETTER.

On pressure side, its hard to get it to seal without leaking or hoses coming off it, and the wire comes off there too. Inlet side, it just gets in the way and wire comes off.

Wonder if later S4 type hot film MAF can be used?
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Not maxing out. The fuel map was scaled up so that with "lower" MAF voltage the fueling is correct, although the ecu thinks were now at load site 110, where previously load was 130 at WOT with less boost.
                1993 URS4 530hp Twincharged
                2002 S8

Comment

At 034 MS they are experimenting with 4" MAF and motronic ECU tuning. Let's see how they have made the product and if you need extra mods in order to get it running (besides a remap off course)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X