X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spicing an Audi RS2

Spicing an Audi RS2

Hi!
    I have an RS2 100% original for some time but now I want to spicy it.

Because I'm more of a lover than a connoisseur, want your help to improve the car.

My concerns are more acoustic and less the performances, although these are always welcome.

My idea is to apply one type of exhaust – Milltek which I think would give me 10hp more and the sound is a little more aggressive then the standard. There are better solutions and within the same budget?

It is advisable to use another exhaust manifold? I have the original, but there are other choices such as stainless steel pipes, but honestly I suspect that they aren’t good enough mainly because they are so cheap + / - € 175.00.

Because I am a fan of Quattro S1 I wanted to replicate part of the noise characteristic of wastage (?) when the engine decelerates. Advise any in particular?

Other thing, when the car is struggling (trackday) he heats to much for my taste (+ / - 120º oil temperature) so, I thinking about buying a new intercooler.

Thanks to everyone who can help me!

I leave here a picture of my little girl:

Originally posted by pedros_RS2 View Post
    Spicing an Audi RS2

Hi!
    I have an RS2 100% original for some time but now I want to spicy it.

the car is struggling (trackday) he heats to much for my taste (+ / - 120º oil temperature) so, I thinking about buying a new intercooler.
    ]
    Inter cooler or oil cooler ? - I think inter cooler only cools the charge air, making it more dense
    Audi S2 Coupe 1995
    VW Passat GL5 (hatch) 1986
    VW Passat GL 1.8 (saloon) 1986
    Carrera Subway 8

Comment

your mate looks like he is gonna be sick lol!
      1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
      1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
      BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

Fit a bigger oil cooler and get the ECU remapped you will have 380hp and lots of torque
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
          Fit a bigger oil cooler and get the ECU remapped you will have 380hp and lots of torque
          and is this 100% "safe"? and what about sound?

Comment

Spicing an Audi RS2

Hi!

It is advisable to use another exhaust manifold? I have the original, but there are other choices such as stainless steel pipes, but honestly I suspect that they aren’t good enough mainly because they are so cheap + / - € 175.00.

Other thing, when the car is struggling (trackday) he heats to much for my taste (+ / - 120º oil temperature) so, I thinking about buying a new intercooler.
            Don't change the exhaust manifold.
            Don't change the intercooler, change the oil cooler, here's a good one:

http://goo.gl/h8sJk

If you want sound get a custom 3" down pipe made (you will also get more HP after changing it) from somebody local + 3" tube all the way to the back. Add a final and that's it. It's cheaper than buying Miltek or whatever.

Comment

don't destroy rs2.. this is rare car and it must stay almost stock.. nice remap , bigger oil cooler and it will be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by rs200 View Post
                don't destroy rs2.. this is rare car and it must stay almost stock.. nice remap , bigger oil cooler and it will be enough.
                I do not want to destroy the car, to be honest; I’m a little bit sissy with the car.
                I’m afraid of bad remaps because of the heath of the engine and turbo…
                The car as already 170K Km… it very good but it is not a young car.

Comment

Talk to user PRJ he will make a good remap for you.
                  Other than an oil cooler and remap I wouldn't do anything to the car. Maybe paint it BLUE RS2

Comment

no way! i like it as it is - black

Comment

What kind of oil are you running? 120C is not a big deal for a high quality synthetic.
                      Mods: remap and leave it at that. RS2s should be preserved.

That said, my RS2 isn't entirely stock, but more stock than when I bought it (much, much faster, though)
                      1995 RS2 on Alcohol (6.8sec 100-200km/h)
                      1994 80E Avant
                      1986 2L Golf 2 on Alcohol

Comment

or get a mrc 1.9bar high boost chips,3"dp and exhaust,440cc injectors.this will see you edge close to 400bhp.

this is my Rs2 setup.

1.9 hoffer chips

440cc injectors

3"dp

3" cats

3" exhaust

5" ABY modded airbox.

ported and polish compressor housing Rs2 turbo.
                        Last edited by david; 19 October 2012, 16:23.
                        [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]/SIGPIC]92 3B pearl white=gone back home to Germany,probably in bits and pieces

RS2 VOLCANO BLACK] soon to be broken to bits

Comment

Espen, stop spreading rumors, you are running exotic sugar fuel!

Comment

Originally posted by bartolomeus View Post
                            Talk to user PRJ he will make a good remap for you.
                            Other than an oil cooler and remap I wouldn't do anything to the car. Maybe paint it BLUE RS2
                            Isn’t he from Finland or from the neighbourhood. How can I remap it from Portugal?
                            And I insist – isn’t remapping dangerous for an old car?

Comment

These cars are tough as nails, it's more likely a sensor to cause you any real problems or a valve seal from too much boost which shouldn't be an issue since it's on the stock turbo and if you take care of it as well, overall you shouldn't be worried .
                              1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Working...
                              X