Wagner Tuning Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagner Tuning Intake

Are these meant to be good? How easy is it to convert to this?

EBAY Link
    Last edited by Doug_RS2; 27 September 2003, 22:48.
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Sods law says everything (wires, throttle cable will be a midges **** too small) I run a stock ABY which I’ve had for only 6 months or so, so my knowledge is limited. The main advantage, which I can see, is there is less piping from the turbo to the IM. Dunno whether this matters or not? My mate has a Urs4 with a AAN engine in which has a different IM but with the entrance in a similar place to this one! However his uses a smaller IC in front of the N/S wheel? The question is do the power gains (if any) justify the cost and hassle of this mod, or could you spend the time and money on sommat else that is proven? (Dunno what like, cos i presume yours is well kitted out)
    Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

Doug, these IMs are a perfect copy of the ones MTM and TS Tuning do as well (the TS one is copied on the MTM too), IMO there's something to be had with them, especially in terms of lag and throttle response, as well as in terms of intake air temps. A friend of mine has recently installed one from MTM and according to him, right now you can put your hand on the IM after the throttle body after a spirited run and keep it there, the IM is cool, whereas before, umm well, you know too, just try to keep your hand for a few seconds on a 3B/ABY/ADU IM after a spirited run and you'll see that you'll have a bit less skin on the hand

I can get them from Wagner Tuning for a good price BTW!

Cheers,

Mihnea
      '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
      info@MRCTuning.com
      Workshop Directions

Comment

These do look very interesting, so much so that i'll probably go for one of these as and when I do my monster Turbo conversion next year
        S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

Mihnea,
          how much cheaper can you get these for? I was looking at getting one of these from Wagner when I was putting my 'bits' together but ran out of money
          But I am definately planning on one of these or something similar in the future.

Funny you mention the temp being lower, I have been looking into and thinking alot about using Phenolic spacers to cut down on the conducted heat from the cylinder head to IM
          (can't do too much about radiated heat transfer )
          After all we spend lots of money on bigger IC's or chargecoolers to cool the charge down and then flow it through a HOT IM. I know the charge does'nt spend much time in there, but it doesn't spend much time in the IC either, but long enough to be cooled down significantly so maybe the reverse happens to a smaller degree in a hot IM? I know the internal surface area is greater in an IC but I think you know what I mean

Cheers,

Mark.
          Mark - Modded

Comment

Group buy anyone ?

Comment

Want me to organize one guys? Who'd be up? As soon as I know how many people would be up I will email Wagner and ask for a group buy price! I can get them for 650 each but if we're up for more, there is a way to take the price down! Oh and BTW, Wagner is bidding himself on his auctions with another ebay account, so don't expect them to end at less than 500 Euros, BTDT a few times

Cheers and keep me posted!

Mihnea
              '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
              info@MRCTuning.com
              Workshop Directions

Comment

Mihnea,650 pounds or euro's ?

Comment

Euros m8

www.MRCTuning.com
                  info@MRCTuning.com
                  Workshop Directions

Comment

My only concern is if my factory cruise controll can still be fitted using this new manifold

Comment

Hmmm, I can't see a reason why it can't be retained, but it wil certainly need a bit of fabrication and creativity but I think it should still work normally....

www.MRCTuning.com
                      info@MRCTuning.com
                      Workshop Directions

Comment

Mihnea: Self-bidding is illegal on ebay. Need to call some authorities . Or maybe I will get one for free just for keeping mouth shut ?
                        Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Sweeper, do whatever you like, I have no proof of what I said anyway.... and he won't go into jail for self-bidding, don't worry!

www.MRCTuning.com
                          info@MRCTuning.com
                          Workshop Directions

Comment

Originally posted by Mihnea
                            Hmmm, I can't see a reason why it can't be retained, but it wil certainly need a bit of fabrication and creativity but I think it should still work normally....
                            Where there's a will there's a way

Comment

I'm kinda new to the S2 turbo piping but doesn't this IM mean skipping the "pipe" in the crossmember? Guess it would also need some modifications to the standard IC or its fittings?

Nice idea though, the S2:s standard intake piping isn't exactly short...
                              Markus

'94 Kristallsilber-metallic S2 Avant.

Comment

Working...
                              X