inlet and exhaust manifold options aan rs2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inlet and exhaust manifold options aan rs2

Would like an rs2 inlet manifold if possible. Anyone know how much they are or got a used one for sale?

Also what options are there for tubular exhaust manifolds.
    Turbo is gt2871r frame

would prefer tubular over cast type really. Just because they look much nicer in the engine bay. Also probably flow better for future power upgrades

engine is aan

thanks
    nick

Originally posted by nicksonmsport View Post
    Would like an rs2 inlet manifold if possible. Anyone know how much they are or got a used one for sale?

Also what options are there for tubular exhaust manifolds.
    Turbo is gt2871r frame

would prefer tubular over cast type really. Just because they look much nicer in the engine bay. Also probably flow better for future power upgrades

engine is aan

thanks
    nick
    Got an RS2 inlet from audi tradtion recently for 690-700 euro shipped. Then had it blasted and powder coated for a nice finish

DPP_2512 by ryanaqui, on Flickr
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Personally I would waste any money on an RS2 inlet manifold, they're the same as the ABY one but with a Porsche badge on. You can get an ABY manifold for £75
      sigpic
      1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
      1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
      1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
        Personally I would waste any money on an RS2 inlet manifold, they're the same as the ABY one but with a Porsche badge on. You can get an ABY manifold for £75
        This unless you're after the look
        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post

Comment

Originally posted by rynaqui View Post
            This unless you're after the look
            I think Nick is going for performance, not looks!

Looks great on yours, I just couldn't justify 700euro's for it!
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah tbh I dont really want to spend 700 euros just for the porsche badge. Would be cool but will prob just get aby as stated and get it coated in crackle black or something. The aan inlet looks a bit restrictive I assume the aby is a better design.

I was pointed toward iroz. If I got an equal length header would I loose 5cyl burble?

Also been offered a sport quattro ex manifold

tbh with the car its going in prob going to end up around 1 tonne 400-450bhp should be plenty to scare me. Im just thinking some rods for the engine for piece of mind and so we dont need to worry when mapping to keep torque down

Comment

Iroz for the exhaust manifold, they're a work of art!

What car's it going in? Just been looking at your website, some nice stuff on there
                sigpic

Comment

I'm running this exhaust manifold and I am really pleased with quality. It is made from carbon steel which I prefer over stainless. Running a AAN intake manifold as of now, but I've got a Furans reversed intake manifold to further tidy the engine bay up. Need to source a electric servopump to get the belt driven out of the way though.

http://webshop.cp-service.se/en/audi/154-audi-20v.html

Comment

I could make my own manifold but not sure I will have time tbh!

Iroz look good and sensible pricing but dont want to loose 5cyl burble its one of the main things I love about the engine!

Engine is going into a porsche 924 turbo shell I have been playing with. Its mega light with loads cut out. Removable tube front end. Full spec comprehensive weld in cage and full group5 gtr widebody

should be a bit of an animal. Thanks for comments website has not been updated in a while so we have loads more interesting stuff to put on we have been doing!

Will post up a build thread in projects for those interested along with rs2 as well once I get time.

Cheers

Comment

I'm pretty sure AAN IM flows better than the ABY. I seem to remember the 3B is pretty good too. The AAN mani should allow you to run a shorter inlet tract for less lag, if the layout of engine and IC is similar to the S2.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                      sigpic

Comment

I can't say I miss out any on the sound running a tubular. It is several years since I've been in a 20VT with a cast manifold and both have been standard exhaust wise.

Comment

Ok will keep an open mind as to the inlet manifold choice. Will have to see which lends itself better to ic pipe routing etc and possible interference with brake servo (if I keep it)

I didnt mean tubular manifolds loose the i5 noise, but sometimes and equal length header will change the sound of the engine considerably.

Eg subaru impreza boxer engines completely loose the burble when using equal length headers. Im not sure if the i5 suffers the same fate or not. Interested to hear from any1 running a true equal length header?

Cheers

Comment

The Wagner manifolds are also well worth considering

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

I may even just fabricate a new inlet myself to suit. I modified an after market Toyota supra inlet manifold to fit a 944 turbo which we have been modifying to run a 3 litre 16v turbo setup and it would lend itself well to this application as really I want a forward facing inlet/tb

Comment

Working...
                              X