Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wagner reverse inlet, throttle cable solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagner reverse inlet, throttle cable solution?

I've read through I think all the threads about the reverse inlet setup but haven't found a definitive solution for the throttle cable on RHD.

I know on LHD the URS4 throttle cable fits no problem.

I have a URS4 cable but on my RHD it is about 2" too short, this is at full stretch.

I've read a few solutions involving extending the cable but none that jump out at me as a great solution. Another option is to feed a longer aftermarket cable through the URS4 sheave but I didn't find any firm information as to which cable to get, the specs etc.

So if anyone has any suggestions or details of what they have done please post up.

ive extended mine in both instances. I use some copper brake hose to extend. sounds bad but it works no problem.

Comment

Cheers Gaz, I now have everything fitted after a long weekends work:

Have the throttle cable tie wrapped the the moment! Will be getting something more permanant asap. A knarp or a cable clamp is apparently what the pro's use, so will hopefully have one of those in hand soon. Might try the copper pipe, I suppose it acts as a sort of crimp.
      Attached Files

Comment

I cut the cable and run the copper pipe through some hosing. attach it to where the wagner isv bracket goes and run it straight down the edge of the manifold.

Comment

Not sure I quite understand exactly what you mean, do you have a picture at all?

Comment

yes but not here.

to describe I use as yours is buit from the tb ncable holder on the manifold I run the cable over the isv. its straight so its ideal for the copper pipe. the rest of the cable then runs around the back of the manifold rather than over it to the bulkhead.

Comment

.... I think this one should fit perfect

EDIT: found here: http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...1&postcount=14
              Attached Files
              Last edited by sailaz; 16 June 2015, 15:13.

Comment

my current cable is a 4 pot kjet cable. its not long enough either.

Comment

Originally posted by sailaz View Post
                  .... I think this one should fit perfect

EDIT: found here: http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...1&postcount=14
                  Cheers for the link, but that's the one I have. It fits perfectly on LHD but it's just a tad too short for RHD!

Comment

to my knowledge all are too short. I was thinking a lhd 16v cable for a 6a engine. mine is a rhd 6a cable.

lhd 6a should put the cable full diagonal. cant be 100% though just a gut feeling.

Comment

I've said it before, but for my MTM/Dahlbäck manifold I used an original cable outer, but got a longer inner cable.
                      I also moved the retaining bracket further back, so that it could be routed around the back of the manifold more neatly. You can see the bolts sealing the original holes in the following photo.

SS

Comment

How did you fix the end pieces on Stu? Solder?
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

The end is fixed with a small grub screw.
                          SS

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
                            I've said it before, but for my MTM/Dahlbäck manifold I used an original cable outer, but got a longer inner cable.
                            I also moved the retaining bracket further back, so that it could be routed around the back of the manifold more neatly. You can see the bolts sealing the original holes in the following photo.

Cheers for the reply, nice solution.

Looks like I might have to reroute the cable also as when I shut the bonnet it jams the cable!!

EDIT: It's the plastic bonnet trim that is jamming the throttle body so I have some cutting to do.
                            Last edited by Colesy; 17 June 2015, 17:10.

Comment

yep on aby/newer bonnet it catches on the tb and or cable. on the older b3 bonnet it doesn't catch. I dinted with a panel hammer a small spot to stop the tb jamming on throttle.

my cablr runs similar to 4wheeldrifter but used the stock cable fitter to bolt to the dipstick tube and fits I the wagner holder. I used to run a network 2 u rack bracket on the s2 off the bulkhead to mount the cable to also.

Comment

Working...
                              X