WG removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WG removal

I assume that i can remove the whole wg assembly by removing the 4 nuts arrowed in red, without having to remove the wg cap etc arrowed in yellow in order to remove the whole wg. Any problems i should look out for?
    Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

Yes, remove those 4 nuts and the 3 that attach to the downpipe and lift the whole thing up.
    Pretty straight forward, just be careful not to round the heads on the 12mm nuts

Comment

cheers sal, just need to remove it so i can get to replace the 4th nut that bolts the downpipe on that came loose
      Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

Comment

You'll find that a banana shaped spanner is very useful for this little chore. Of course Audi list an official tool for this - you can get banana spanners from Machine Mart. BTDT

Paul
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

that doesnt surprise me, i did it today anyway, just had to grind down a ring spanner that i had and it managed to fit into the cut out in the casting for the spanner to fit in.

i guess making things easier without the need for special tools is a bit too much to ask for lol

Comment

Working...
          X