Peeling S2 white dial faces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
    When you remove the speedo and rev counter needle be very careful it's easy to damage them sure there is a post on here somewhere about how to do it
    Appricate the help Rikki I’ve actually done it before and I agree, definitely need to be really careful. The white dials I bought several years ago didn’t illuminate properly and had dark spots. Now that I’m getting my Audi back together, I want to look for the S2 white dials again. The website you linked, Xtuners looks like they do plasma lighting with the OEM Red! And that’s perfect because I wanted the OEM lighting. Again thanks for the helps guys, been looking really hard for a couple months and there really isn’t much aftermarket parts out here in the US.

Comment

I found the speedo needle VERY tight / impossible to pull straight off. I was convinced something was going to break such was the amount of force I was putting into it. Found a way to very easily do it though... Spin the needle round on its spindle a few times. This breaks the seal which has formed over many years of being together. Once this is done, it does actually pull off pretty easily. Just spin it accordingly on refit to get it resting at the right place. The stop is inside the mechanism rather than an external pin for the needle to rest against.

Comment

Working...
      X