Searching for inner door handle plastic fasteners or clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for inner door handle plastic fasteners or clips

Hi there, my inner door handle no longer holds to the door.
    It seems there are plastic fasteners or clips that holds the allen screw to the door itself.

This plastic fastener as well as the screw stays inside the handle itself (see photos).

I need the plastic clip inside since mine is broken.

7zap shows a part but as I saearch the part # N 90356203, it doesn't look at all like what is in there.

Anyone knows where I can source those !?!

Will buying that part number provide me with the correct clip even if the pics online don't seem right ?

Thanks

Picture of N 90356203 - but that is not what is in the door handle at all ...

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

there was (is?) this Swiss webshop that sold a lot of these small parts, but I lost the bookmark

Comment

The plastic part is often broken but is really just a guide for the bolt IIRC, the parts that do the holding are metal and work like a clamp onto the small L shaped bracket.
      Take the handle off completely and turn the bolt to see if if the clamp is working. Maybe the bolt has come out of its thread?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

If I remember correct there are 2 styles of inner door handles. The hard plastic ones and softer (dashboard like material) doorhandles. On your pictures it looks like the soft ones
        1967 fiat 500 future project
        1976 audi 100 coupe S
        1989 vw corrado 16V
        1989 audi 90 quattro 20V sport
        1994 audi RS2 project
        1994 audi RS2 parts car
        1995 audi RS2 project

Comment

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
          there was (is?) this Swiss webshop that sold a lot of these small parts, but I lost the bookmark
          found it!
          http://www.p-arts.ch/

Comment

It is the softer one.
            I'll take a closer look at what ou said.
            Thanks for the info and link !

Comment

I think before buying any parts you should try relocating the metal part that comes out of the door into the clamping mechanism in the handle. I've had my door card off many many times now and it is hit or miss whether the two parts line up. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't but they can always be made to eventually and then all is good. I find it helps to open up the clamp fully to give you the best chance... Newsh is right that the black plastic is a guide, mine are all broken and currently get in the way a bit but don't stop the clamp clamping

Comment

I have a tendency to fix things before buying as well too
                I was going off from memory and will have a closer look.
                I remembered something was broken :/

Comment

Working...
                X