Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet soundproofing replacement

Alright gents,

I'm in the middle of replacing my heater matrix ( lovely job ) currently waiting on foam to arrive for the heater box flaps. Whilst I'm in and around this area I think it would be a good opportunity to replace the soundproofing under the front driver and passenger side carpet. It has broken up over the last couple of times the carpet has been lifted, no longer fitting correctly due to a drop in height.

Can anyone recommend me good soundproofing material that will help raise the height back up to it's original position?

Thanks guys

Gordon

I used modern carpet underlay seems ok

Comment

I used this stuff https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...72#post2116372

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
        I used modern carpet underlay seems ok
        Modern underlay never even crossed my mind actually, nice easy material to source too. Good call!!

Comment

Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
          What applications would this wool underlay normally be used for I wonder? Would it be used in the building trade do you reckon? I had a quick look through that thread and stumbled across an interesting bit about the boot hatch trim leaking passed the securing bolts and into the lights clusters. I bet that's exactly where my leaks are coming from as I resealed the lights years ago. Another job on the list to investigate!!

Cheers for the info gents.

Comment

Main reason I didn't the original stuff is because my car leaks like a sieve and the wool stuff rots modern stuff doesn't

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
              Main reason I didn't the original stuff is because my car leaks like a sieve and the wool stuff rots modern stuff doesn't
              There we go then, decision made, good chance there will be further water ingress as time goes by so using stuff that doesn't rot is sensible and easy to pick up.

Cheers Rikki

Comment

The stuff I used in my coupe is a closed cell foam, it can't absorb water ??

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

Question is if you have moisture/water in any underlay won't it start to go mouldy over time?

Comment

I bought an aqua vac just for the S2

Comment

I got one of these https://www.everycarcovered.com/coll...rpro-car-cover

I don't use it all the time. I put it over if I know I'm not going to use the car for a few days/weeks and if I know it's going to rain. Also used it to protect the S2 from the sun over the last few months.

Comment

Got one of these too but usually chucks it down with rain when I can't get back to cover the car​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                        X