No announcement yet.

Accelerater pedal broken!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well boys, sorry to hear about all your accelerator problems and BIG feet! I haven't had a problem with my accelerator pedal as yet but find it a bit of a squeeze to get my size 15!!! down the side of my clutch pedal when cruising in 5th!
    :nana:

Chris
    A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

A word to the wise but, having done all the cable stuff inside the car, it is vital to check that with the (new) pedal to the floor: A) That the throttle is fully open, B) Isnt straining the cable by being open too early. ( remember the early posts about breaking the quadrant on the throttle body !). Cheers
      James

Comment

Haven't we got big feet!

D.

Comment

No it wasnt me ! I only have size 10s! Somebody recently broke a throttle body and the concensus was that his cable was at full stretch long before the wilton was being hit by the throttle pedal. On the other hand, Ive read threads where a new lease of power was unleashed when full throttle capability was restored.......................

Comment

Hi James,

I had a similar thing with an ex GPO Morris Minor van belonging to a friend. The cable was slack, even then the van had poor performance. After plooking doen the carb we found that it had a restrictor. The 1.5inch venturi had a metal plate across it which had a 3/4 inch hole! After removal it was back up to full power 48Bhp!!!!

Catherine is coming up today with the towbar, I will have to take the mickey out of her about the TT driver in the car park!

David

Comment

Working...
            X