X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jas11n View Post
    HTH's

Tried to get this f*ker off today and couldn't

Going to try the above cheers Jas, Alistair C butchered the one in my Coupe which made it a doddle to get on and off.

And yes I do need to take the cover off as i'm not doing it to remove the centre console

Comment

Originally posted by Jas11n View Post
      HTH's

LOL! if only it were that simple!

Comment

Time to breath life into this old thread for a moment.

I've just tried to remove the handbrake handle following the illustrations above but the handbrake trim doesn't have the lower retaining lips to separate. Is there any way this can be removed non destructively?

Thanks.

Comment

Good luck! I tried this not using this diagram but using Haynes and it's an absolute ba..ard of a job to do.I ended up destroying mine with great pleasure in the end such was the frustration and bought a new one from Audi.This was 5 years ago though.Probably NLA now.So i would do what was mentioned earlier in the thread and leave this piece well alone.

Just last week done the same job on the C4 A6 and it was a doddle.
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Nope not non destructively, the plastic loops into a metal clip on the lever impossible to seperate without damaging either bit if you can't unclip it.

I absolutely hated this job, it was the most frustrating thing I ever did on the S2

Comment

Thanks for the info fellas, I had a feeling this would probably be the case.
              Like you Jamo, I want to remove it and have no need to remove the surrounding console.
              I'll check to see if these are still available before I exercise brute force.
              Last edited by Nuvo; 15 June 2014, 13:28.

Comment

I have a leather hanbrake lever from final edition cab. But the guy forgot to aend me the chrome button. Any idea which other audi car the button will fit? The manuf. year on the cover is 99' so i am guessing c5 will be same?
                Attached Files
                99' BMW 528iT (the Bear) - sold
                07'-09' Linkoln MkS 3.7 (the Limo)
                94' Audi 90 CS 2.8 (Barak Obama) -Dissasembled donor
                97' Cabriolet 2.8 (Kremena) - sold
                97' Cabriolet 2.8 (Albena) - the One

Comment

Working...
                X