Clear All

Originally posted by rs2coupe View Post
    Nice write up there
    +1

I need to sort mine at some stage before the lot comes down round my ears
    For what this cost me so far I could have bought an S2

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
      I was thinking, since I am also having similar issues....

Can anyone think of a reason why the old material and foam cannot be cleaned off and the headlining board "flocked"?

You could then do the sun visors in matching flock.....

What do you think?
      I don't see any reason why not as long as it's fairly thin - the moulding round the sun visors/roof motor/grab handles is quite deep, so a thick material won't mold into place very easily.

Originally posted by gripper View Post
      +1

I need to sort mine at some stage before the lot comes down round my ears
      Thanks ! It was a whole hard days work (in 26 degree heat - stupid day to do it) - but if I had to do it again, I recon it could be done in 4-6 hours....

Comment

So what do people do with the avants? Can this be done in situ in the car or does it have to be removed from the car to be done? Mine has started coming away where the headliner goes up for the boot. Can I peel it doen at the end of the panel by the boot, spray the glue in then push it up and have it set?

Comment

Yours is the exception, only happens to Coupes.

Comment

Hahaha Drats..... Maybe I will pioneer some new way of ruining the headlingin in my avant

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
              Hahaha Drats..... Maybe I will pioneer some new way of ruining the headlingin in my avant
              you are not alone, ours is starting to lose the fight against gravity too...
              85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Thank god. When I have sorted out the head issues and find a spare day (????) Im going to have a look at this. It started feb of this year but has got worse recently.... Lets see what happens. Watch this space and will let people know if I get anywhere with this.

Comment

I had my headlining replaced with the headboard in the car. A very messy job it was but worked very well.

First we pulled the old fabric off then rubbed of all the old foam backing. Hoovered the mess up while the contact adhesive was curing on the new headlining fabric and the headborad.

Then the tricky part was sticking the new fabric is place and not getting any creases. the car trimmer crawled in from the back of the car and worked the fabric into place. The next day i trimmed the holes for handles etc.

Perfect result.

I used a car trimmer in Bourne End so not far from you.

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
                  So what do people do with the avants? Can this be done in situ in the car or does it have to be removed from the car to be done? Mine has started coming away where the headliner goes up for the boot. Can I peel it doen at the end of the panel by the boot, spray the glue in then push it up and have it set?

Comment

If you dont mind me asking how much did he charge? And do you have any contact details for the guy? Where are you based then if you used this guy?

Comment

I think it was about £120.

http://www.vehicleinteriors.co.uk/

Comment

Cool cheers for that. Did you leave all the plastics in apart from the handles in the headliner?

Comment

No it all has to come out or be pulled away from the headlining

Comment

Ok cool. Thanks for the info. im sure I willg et round to this at some point soon once the head is sorted and I can start using the car again. I miss not having the car in use. its been around 2 or so months now whilst I have been saving for parts and stuff.

Comment

So my headlining is finally beginning to sag in the boot area. It happened in just one week and it has been completely dry!

Has anyone tried removing the plastic trim at the top and spraying some glue in this way or is this a lost cause?

Comment

That's a good idea

I haven't fixed my headlining and no-one is allowed to touch it, because I can't find the right cloth, and I don't want the sun visors to not match!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X