No announcement yet.

Headlining coming apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A short term solution is to use some drawing pins.

Comment

Im also in need of retrimming the headlining and doorcards:/

Maybe someone could make a sticky thread where people can upload picture of their new headlining with specs about fabric etc?

This seems like a problem many experience these days :/

Comment

Originally posted by DeanG View Post
        A short term solution is to use some drawing pins.
        As a short term (18 month) measure, I used uphostery twist pins to strategically hold the delaminating headliner cloth up to the fibreglass headliner board.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

those look quite clever. I'm going to see if I can find them locally at lunch time because having the headlining sitting on my head is bloody annoying.
          I'm hoping to find a decent headliner from another coupe in Finland to swap over. Plan B is re-trimming. If I go that route I may have to try the tartan approach after all
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          1990 CQ20v
          2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

I used this stuff for my car, alcantara look and it has a foam backing. I bought a roll of it at a car show auto jumble, I don't know what other stuff is out there but I quite like it.
            http://www.harrisonstrimsupplies.co....re-26715-p.asp

Comment

Do you end up with marks/patterns across the headlining John, as your hand or head brushes against it? I'm probably not explaining myself too well. Do you know what I'm trying to say?
              cheers

**edit** and were you able to shape it in the recesses behind the sun visors?

(I currently have drawing pins stuck into my ceiling so the headlining looks like a friggin chesterfield)
              Last edited by Nj; 29 June 2016, 17:04.
              1990 CQ20v

Comment

Originally posted by Nj View Post
                Do you end up with marks/patterns across the headlining John, as your hand or head brushes against it? I'm probably not explaining myself too well. Do you know what I'm trying to say?
                cheers
                **edit** and were you able to shape it in the recesses behind the sun visors?
                Yes, when you touch it the "pile" moves so you can make rude pictures!
                Sun visor recesses not brilliant but then you can't see them until you pull the visor down

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
                  Yes, when you touch it the "pile" moves so you can make rude pictures!
                  Sun visor recesses not brilliant but then you can't see them until you pull the visor down
                  You had me at "rude pictures"
                  1990 CQ20v

Comment

Working...
                  X