New Seats :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Seats :-)

Just bagged me a couple of Recaro's off ebay, will let you know how i get on. Got in touch with Recaro other day too, subframes are £82 each so shouldn't be sliding all over the shop in my seats for much longer.
    Attached Files
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

very plush - dare we ask what they're from and what the damage was to your pocket?

Comment

Ahhh you got them then

Very nice
      Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
      2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

I want some , i have come to the conclusion that the S2 seats are Sh*te. As a passenger you slide around (on leather) and as a driver any more than 4-5hrs driving and you need to be Jigged on a rack to recover some sort of spine feeling.
        Have to look at these seriously if i am ever to use this car as a long hauler, but to get them in black leather is usually mega bucks, unless i get a crappy colour set for cheap and get them re-trimmed in leather.
        What sort of prices do they go for??
        Cheers
        Graham
        Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Greg,

they look the dogs m8 .
          I could do with some of these, my poor old seat belt needs all the help it can get keeping my fat old frame from sliding around when cornering .

How much?

Mark.
          Mark - Modded

Comment

Got them on ebay tonight for £550 excluding the subframes for the pair.

Brand new they are min of £575 from recaro direct so im well chuffed. if you take a look at www.recaro-direct.co.uk you can browse thru the different seats on there find one you like and then start ebaying. lol.

Should be going to get them at the weekend, would be able to fit them for a little while yet though, first thing to do is the radiator.

Also im hoping once these are fitted the seats will sit a little lower in the car so my head no longer has to be angled into the sunroof recess.

Greg
            Greg

Comment

Aye, they look he nuts They look like the recaros my brother had in his S4 Avant ( although they were all leather)

Comment

Nice
                S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

I was looking at Porsche Recaro seats on Thursday, they are about £250 each in leather, there was a completer interior ( in purple leather ) for about £800.

They looked great, some are electrically adjustable as well.

I will look again and see if they are modifiable.

David

Comment

I just took the drivers seat out of my S6 to see about fixing my heater element and also to cable tie the stupid front bit to the back (I don't want to be able to extend the seat out so I can't bend my knees to change gear) and I was suprised at how bleedin' heavy it was..

Surely anything lighter would be a bonus!
                    1996 A6 TDI Quattro Avant, Xenon HIDs, A4 Autodipping rearview.
                    Previous: UrS6 with RS2 bits.. <sigh>

Comment

thats what i was thinking too, seats are bound to be lighter too which can only be a good thing.
                      Greg

Comment

gutted, just been down to pick the seats up and found out they dont flip forward so there no good for me with coupe.

Oh well, will have to find some other seats. Found an A8 leather one like niko had but guy only has the one seat and not two, where could i get another one from?

Greg
                        Greg

Comment

Strange, they really look like they have hinges, have a good look, I've seen seats that are made the same that just have the lever missing that allows them to fold..

Hey, worst case I guess you could put one in the drivers side and make people get in the back from the passenger side

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
                            Found an A8 leather one like niko had but guy only has the one seat and not two, where could i get another one from?

Greg
                            A dealer?

You might have to pull a bank job first though!
                            ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Yeah they look hinged,sorry to hear that Greg,hope the next pair you bag are even better mate.
                              Rob W
                              04 Audi S4 Avant
                              55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
                              92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
                              1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

Working...
                              X