S2 Avant front seat swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Avant front seat swap.

Hi, the bottom bolster on my drivers seat has almost had it, the foam has nearly gone and there is a mark starting to appear on the fabric. Two questions really,

1) can I swap drivers and passenger seats? (either straight swap or by swapping bases)

2) How do I strip the seat to replace the bolster foam and is there a brand or grade of foam I should use?

Thanks in advance, Dave.

Check Error404's thread in the interior section on seat changing.
    He is the seat swap champion at the mo try PM for more info.
    sigpic

Comment

Don't think you can swap the seats directly, seatbelt fitting will be in the wrong place for starters.

Iain

Comment

You cant swap the seats but you can change the foam or change the entire foam and cloth with the passenger side. Dont mess about cutting foam to make your own base though it wont last 5 mins, get a new foam from Vagparts or audi. To change the cloth and foam between the two you need to take off the back, look carefully for the little plastic plugs in the mechanism covers and push them right through the plastic, this will uncover the 2 screws holding the back on, after that its fairly obvious. There's a wire round the edge to loosen and some little metal spikes to bend out of the way.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

Some more stuff on Phil Payne's excellent site HERE

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Excellent response as always, cheers guys.

Comment

Working...
            X