Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ilumination of instrument (Block rear differential)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ilumination of instrument (Block rear differential)

Hy,

On my S2, the command that block the rear defferential, is just with light on rear wheels, how can i fix this?

Thanks,
    Rafael Pinto
    Audi S2 1994/1995 Avant - Black
    Audi RS2 1994/1995 - Black

there are two different types. Mine has bulbs soldered to a little PCB while other just unplug the bulbs and fit new ones.

just have to unscrew nut under rear ashtray
    and pop plastic bit behind gear lever and infront of handbrake lift up and the diff lock swich is accessible.

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I also had a strange experience with my diff lock button, when i push it my car doesn`t run anymore and the ABS AUS sign is lighting up. The same when i turn my ABS off, the car simply turns off

I guess the owner before me didn`t know that much about electrics also cos of the mess of stereocables i ripped out of it since my project with jeffer.

Does anybody knows something about the enginecutoff ? maybe cos of shortcircuit ?

Cheers Cees

Comment

not sure why its cutting out. But it is ment to turn the ABS off when you use the diff lock. On the 3B's they also had an ABS cancel switch.

Greg
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

It`s a strange thing for sure, and yes it has an abs cancel switch but hopefully i`ll find it out in the comming days, my s2 looks like a strange thingy right now totally ripped appart.

Cheers Cees

Comment

Hey folks,

Another problem...
            In my intrumens, the light of external temperatur and right turn indicator is not working... How can I fix it???
            Thanks,
            Rafael Pinto

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBullet
              Hey folks,

Another problem...
              In my intrumens, the light of external temperatur and right turn indicator is not working... How can I fix it???
              Thanks,
              Hi Raphael,

There are small bulbs which twist out from the back of the instrument panel. Swap the indicater bulbs around and see if the fault moves with the suspect bulb.

The bulbs are available from the dealers or maybe go to a scrapyard and get a handful from an Audi 80.

HTH

David

Comment

The external temp gauge has an internal soldered bulb. See S2Central for the BDTD guide.
                Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
                  not sure why its cutting out. But it is ment to turn the ABS off when you use the diff lock. On the 3B's they also had an ABS cancel switch.

Greg
                  Mine hasn't got an ABS cut off switch? But mine is one of the last 3B's made!
                  Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBullet
                    Hy,

On my S2, the command that block the rear defferential, is just with light on rear wheels, how can i fix this?

Thanks,
                    Can i just clarify, do you mean that the lights only show up for the rear wheels or that it doesn't light up at all?

I only ask, because it's suppose to light up for the rear wheels with a green light.

Comment

its the orange light.
                      the green one, is just a indicator when your rear differential is blocked.

reguards,
                      Rafael Pinto

Comment

Working...
                      X