No announcement yet.

A4 SPORT Steering wheel to 90Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oke, thanks for your help. so i need another black/violet connector, or the whole loom? is it plug and play ?
    Last edited by hermanio; 9 February 2010, 14:45.
    5 Cylinder Freak

Comment

Just the connector, you will have to remove the wires from your old one and plug them into the new one. Or if you get the connector from the A4 you can cut it with ~10-15cm of wires and solder your wires onto these. After that it's plug and play. The wire colours should be the same ... so you don't need help identifying which wire goes where if you get the connectors with wires from the A4 . Good luck

Comment

thanks ! i will take some pics when ive got it in..
        5 Cylinder Freak

Comment

I recently swapped an a4 sport wheel on my coupe, it fits the spline (as it is an "early" sport wheel), the only part that didn't fit was the column surround and the cancelling part of the clockspring. State side many urs4 owners swap on thw later s6 style three spoke wheel and have the same problem we face, I followed this guide to "modify my canceling ring", now most of the guide doesn't apply except how to modify the canceling ring, following this method there is no need to change your stalks.

http://s-cars.org/postnuke/downloads...Conversion.pdf

Comment

wow thats great !
            5 Cylinder Freak

Comment

Originally posted by hermanio View Post
              thanks ! i will take some pics when ive got it in..
              i've got it in, thanks !!
              Attached Files
              5 Cylinder Freak

Comment

5 speed and no diff button? What car do you drive?

Also which method did you end up using?

Comment

i used your method, works pretty good. i drive an 80 avant 2.3 (s2 look)
                  5 Cylinder Freak

Comment

Is it an Avant 2.3 10v? We only got the saloon, cabriolet and Coupe with this engine in the UK. I just had a peek inside your virtual garage.

Comment

yes avant 2.3 10v ng. i would like to have the 2.3 avant quattro but it think its never produced..
                      5 Cylinder Freak

Comment

this is from golf 3,the red line shows where must to cut
                        on my coupe the steering wheel fit almost "plug&play" ,i had only to assamble it but mine was from A4 98'

Comment

So I sat in a 1993 audi 90 quattro with an audi 1996 3 spoke steering wheel and he did it a way that no one has done it yet. He kept the stock column switches and trimmed the plastic so it would fit up. If I can get him to post a how to thread on the forum I will have him do it.
                          I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

Originally posted by Sküll View Post
                            the adapter

hi there i was wondering if you know how to get an 2001 s4 steering on a 1994 QCS. and if yes where can i get the parts from??+ of course $$$?

Comment

Originally posted by yavor20v View Post

this is from golf 3,the red line shows where must to cut
                              on my coupe the steering wheel fit almost "plug&play" ,i had only to assamble it but mine was from A4 98'

where can i buy that part?
                              and will iy work for an audi 90 1994 cs Q
                              to 2001 s4 steering wheel?

Comment

Originally posted by yavor20v View Post
                                the red line shows where must to cut
                                Is it necessary?
                                After installing the adapter does not have enough threads for the nut. The reason is that it does not cut?
                                illustration
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X