Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its around 1m per cluster if I remember correctly.

Comment

Sounds reasonable, do you know if that is the same for the centre/numberplate section?

Comment

The centre section uses two horizontal lengths of sealant chord. If you measure the interior length of the surround and multiply that by 2 that should give you a good estimate. I would expect that a 1m length should be sufficient for this.

Comment

IIRC it is just over a metre per lamp, hence the need to buy 3 metres to do a car.

I used flexible gutter sealant in mine, worked a treat

Comment

As an estimate around 2m should be enough for both lights
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Has anyone had issues with water leakage into the passenger footwell from the AC? It's currently draining some condensation from the appropriate drain while at a standstill but as I drive I get some water into the footwell. I am doubly concerned because it seems to be running right by the ECU.

I'm in a 95 RS2 and recently had a full heater core replacement (with Evap) and an AC service and recharge. It's slightly baffling but I'm wondering if it's a partial block or something else?

Any help would be awesome.
              Sasha

Comment

Originally posted by SashaG View Post
                Has anyone had issues with water leakage into the passenger footwell from the AC? It's currently draining some condensation from the appropriate drain while at a standstill but as I drive I get some water into the footwell. I am doubly concerned because it seems to be running right by the ECU.

I'm in a 95 RS2 and recently had a full heater core replacement (with Evap) and an AC service and recharge. It's slightly baffling but I'm wondering if it's a partial block or something else?

Any help would be awesome.
                Sasha

There should be a rubber bellows at the bottom of the AC evaporator box that drains through the firewall...
                It is likely clogged, I was able to put some towels in the foot well and an appropriate container, pull the boot, clear the debris with a coat hanger and get covered in smelly water...no issues since then
                Peter S

1990 ErsatzS2 - track toy
                1991 Coupe Quattro
                1991 Coupe Quattro
                1995 S6 Sedan
                1995 S6 Wagon

Comment

Working...
                X