No announcement yet.

urS6 - Water Leak into Drivers Footwell - Causes ?t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90% of the cases the problem is the seal that is for the boot. Take it out, put plenty of sealant on the outside part and stick it back into the hole.

Comment

check under the battery - a friend who had an S6 had it filled up with water because the drainage underneath had completely blocked with crap over time - he had no idea until a deluge appeared in his foot-well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy-the-Dog View Post
        Did you manage to get your hose out yet mac?!?
        Hi Jimmy, not yet, too busy getting an NCT for the daily S2, work, family and more besides, but it is still on the list, but just a bit lower down. Hopefully, during the holiday period in December. :roll eyes:

Comment

I'm in the same boat - if you'll excuse the pun!
          All of my dormant work projects are now live again & all wanted by Christmas!
          Might get an hour at the weekend.
          We can keep each other posted.
          sigpic
          A6 (C6) Allroad 3.0 tdi quattro
          181 VW Touran - Highline

Gone:
          A6 (C4) 2.5TDI Avant quattro- Ron Burgundy, Daily Hack
          '05 Mk5 GTI - Herself's Daily
          '90 Mk2 GTI 16v

Comment

Took the covers off the scuttle and played some water down to simulate rain.

I think it i coming in from a hole in the silver paintwork behind / between the two screws that hold the bonnet release lever mechanism in place.

So I put insulation tape over it and put the black plastic 'cross' under the lever back in the position with the longer end pointing up.

Ironically now just waiting for it to rain to see it this is the cure for my car's water leak.

Comment

Only a slight improvement. Still leaked but maybe not quite as bad.

Will have to get into and stay in the car while it's next lashing rain.

Feel great empathy for Coupe owners.

Comment

I had this soddin leak when I got mine. I had the front wing off. No joy. Took the screen out. again no joy.
                The only way I stopped it was to spray dinitrol (the black hard wax) coating up and around the corner in the engine bay. I am sure the body has a stress crack.
                I tried everything to find the leak. Only way was the coating, up side is it'll never go rusty there!!!

HTH
                Rob..
                94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                87 UR 20v ABY
                97 S6 Avant
                96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

Hi GT,

Do you mean the corner in around the fusebox and where the drains are for the scuttle, ( as opposed to around the strut tower ? )

Under the bonnet release catch, the higher of the two multi earth points, the head of the bolt was very rusty from the constant water running down accrues it over a long time.

So it is getting in somewhere 'above' and showing itself there ?

Thanks.

Comment

Could be ^^

Did you ever see the thread I put up about water leaks in my avant? There was a leak between two panels in the scuttle drain area, the seam sealer had shrunk back or never been that good in the first place.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49475

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                      sigpic

Comment

I've had this problem before in a similar area, can you check the seal\grommet where the bonnet release cable comes through the bulkead?

That's where mine was leaking and the rain ran down the cable and dripped onto the floor.
                        1996 Audi S6 Avant.
                        1994 80 TDI - Daily Driver

Comment

BTDT,check your hood realease cable boot,seal around the fusebox.multi purpose silicone sealant reseals on it.
                          one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Working...
                          X