Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can u show picture of final product?

Comment

Great job there If i could ask...why is the blue tacho hardest to find...i would have thought it all came with a second hand binnacle/dash. Do you mean speedo when you say tacho? Did you get the whole lot from tradition or of ebay?Cheers.
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
        Great job there If i could ask...why is the blue tacho hardest to find...i would have thought it all came with a second hand binnacle/dash. Do you mean speedo when you say tacho? Did you get the whole lot from tradition or of ebay?Cheers.
        Blue is S6Plus only.
        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
          Blue is S6Plus only.
          Yes i knew that...that was the reason for me asking about compatibility problems between 5 cyl and 8.Looks like just the speedo reads slightly wrong.
          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Yes i knew that...that was the reason for me asking about compatibility problems between 5 cyl and 8.Looks like just the speedo reads slightly wrong.
            Bigger potential issue will the tachometer, i.e. the rev counter which is based on the number of teeth on the flywheel. Not sure if the S6plus flywheel has the same number of teeth as an AAN DMFW.
            RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

A6/S6 clusters are programmable to whatever cylinder count you want using Vagcom

Comment

I didn't use any Vagcom, but good to know.
                I have to say that I didn't check with any special instrument if the rpm number is correct, but when I turn the engine on the idle is correct and the rpm needle on blue dial seem running the same as before.
                For "tacho" I mean the whole instrument cluster. Sorry for misunderstanding, "tacho" and "Kombiinstrument" are the German words I use on Ebay.de when I look for this stuff.
                Blue instrument cluster is hard to find because it was made for the Plus only. Plus has been built in about 900 cars, so special spare parts are no longer available.
                A blue instrument cluster was for sale at Tots-parts for 500 € for a long time, but I was lucky founding a new one on Audi Tradition for 250 €.
                It only had the "glass" cracked, but it wasn't important for me because I recycled my case, also finding used not cracked cases is very easy and cheap.
                sigpic

Comment

That's very interesting to know.What Vagcom are you using? I ask as i don't have one and will be interested in buying one in time to come.
                  94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

In fact, before doing this job,I was worry about this, but I faced no problems at all.
                    In any case,If for any reason V8 gauge will not work on AAN motherboard, you can pull out the needles, unscrew the two little screws and swap the blue dials and needles only. Just be carefull!

It is the V8 boardcomputer that does not work on AAN, I tried it. It is not that connecting V8 instrument cluster (with its own motherboard and boardcomputer with fuel consumption instead of boost pressure) to AAN cables, you will see fuel consumption by running. It just doesn't turns on!
                    But, as I said, I used my AAN motherboard and swap the gauges.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Giacomo View Post
                      In fact, before doing this job,I was worry about this, but I faced no problems at all.
                      In any case,If for any reason V8 gauge will not work on AAN motherboard, you can pull out the needles, unscrew the two little screws and swap the blue dials and needles only. Just be carefull!

It is the V8 boardcomputer that does not work on AAN, I tried it. It is not that connecting V8 instrument cluster (with its own motherboard and boardcomputer with fuel consumption instead of boost pressure) to AAN cables, you will see fuel consumption by running. It just doesn't turns on!
                      But, as I said, I used my AAN motherboard and swap the gauges.
                      You are making me feel a little bit more confident to tackle this job now.

With reference to your previous post no problem about misunderstanding we english should learn other languages but we don't as we are lazy at languages This is something else for me to think about now as i much prefer the blue background to the white.Some or one of you guys should do a write up on this so electronics idiots like me can do the same with confidence.My father was a genius electronics engineer....wish he was still hear to help me.

That was a good find at Audi Tradition.
                      94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

I have seen many AAN cars running with S6 V8 gauges and getting the instant fuel consumption working perfectly, only thing was to reprogram the gauges from 8 to 5 cyl engine. This is strange that it was not working for you.

PS: My gauges are also from automatic, there is no difference between Auto C4 gauges and Manual C4 gauges, the gearbox display is blanked off on manual cars. Source: my car was an automatic

AndyP you can get the black oll pressure gauge from C3, get the PCB and back cover while you are at it Also C4 100 specimens have black oli pressure gauge.

Comment

Hi Zoig....I have a brand new boxed A6 C4 binnacle as pictured earlier in this thread but obviously with black background that i might be moving on soon.I bought it for my C4 2.8 30v manual quattro in case i needed it. What's it's top wack worth on ebay? New is always better than second hand one that's done 300,000km
                          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Zoig View Post
                            AndyP you can get the black oll pressure gauge from C3, get the PCB and back cover while you are at it Also C4 100 specimens have black oli pressure gauge.
                            Great, thanks
                            sigpic
                            1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                            1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                            1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

I also can confirm that the ins. cluster from urs automatik can be using
                              on manual car since my car was originally automatik box and converted to
                              manual box.nothing to do with the ins. cluster.i just removed the TCU and all
                              is done.
                              one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoig View Post
                                If you just want a set of black dials then get short (non aux gauge version) taho with digi clock, audi 100 aux gauges, A6 gauges and audi 100/200 aux dials PCB. Apart from hacking in the digi clock rest of the process is the same.

Required pieces from my parts bin:
                                • UrS4 aux gauges
                                • 200 20v aux gauge PCB
                                • 0-5Bar oil pressure sensor
                                • SMD B8.5 red led bulbs
                                • One spare backing of the aux gauge for spare
                                • 200 20v rear cover

Pinout aquired from another topic somewhere in s2 Forum(cant remember who posted that), can confirm it works perfectly:
                                S6 - 220v
                                1 - tühi
                                2 - tühi
                                3 - 1
                                4 - 2
                                5 - 3
                                6 - 4 (green- black)
                                Pins are not numbered, so just follow back from the green-black colours
                                Hi

I have bought:

- a 200 20v complete instrument cluster.
                                - an audi 100 "short" instrument cluster with digital clock included.
                                Also total mileage was digital but the short cluster had no boardcomputer and no autocheck.
                                - smd leds.

I have done this steps:

1) black gauges from audi 100 cluster to my AAN motherboard.
                                2) obviously, the digital clock fixed on AAN motherboard, which has the housing for fixing it: holes for the screws and a kind of "array" which match the digital clock rubber band.
                                3) Smd red leds everywhere.
                                4) token the 200 20v aux gauges alltogether (oil T, P, and Voltmeter) and connected to the AAN motherboard. This step was arranged in some way, connecting the same colours little wires and leaving the other two free. See the picture token before making connection.

After this, I have faced this problems:

1) on digital clock I see the " : " sign only in the middle, but there is no way to make the digital clock work. Also the led behind it does not work even if I turn it 180°.

2) if I try to regulate the clock, the oil pressure aux gauge's needle, in the middle of the three gauges, jumps left and right.

3) oil temp and voltometer seem not to work,while leds behind them works.

4) behind the aux gauges motherboard there is one pin on AAN but two pins on 200 20v motherboard. Only one wire comes from the car and I don't know to which pin connect it and what should I connect to the other one. Do I have to buy an Audi UrS4 series of aux gauges, with their own motherboard?

5)[*]0-5Bar oil pressure sensor: what is it? where should I place it? inside the engine? which is the part number?

6) what does PCB means?

Please help me! I have a mess inside the car!
                                Attached Files
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X