S6 AAN customized instrument cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My questions are:

- should I use a VAG COM to enable AAN cluster board to send "time signal" to digital clock instead of analog clock? It seems that now the oil pressure gauge receives a kind of signal from the clock.
    - why should I buy an oil pressure sensor? Isn't it already present inside the engine? Do I have to intercept this existing signal anywhere?

Please help, thank you
    sigpic

Comment

Reading and re-reading this discussion,I don't understand clearly what "200 20v aux gauge PCB" is.

Also this part i pretty hard:

"Pinout aquired from another topic somewhere in s2 Forum(cant remember who posted that), can confirm it works perfectly:
      S6 - 220v
      1 - tühi
      2 - tühi
      3 - 1
      4 - 2
      5 - 3
      6 - 4 (green- black)
      Pins are not numbered, so just follow back from the green-black colours"

Can anybody post a link to some guide please, I try to do by myself
      sigpic

Comment

Do you see in the picture? The yellow square is the same on audi 100 instrument cluster board and AAN cluster board, also the "array" inside the red square is the same, but the digital clock on AAN motherboard doesn't work.
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

Ive done it...

Here's a pic of my customized display:

Hap, wit dakine gauges from Turbovada, Maguire

Comment

Originally posted by Giacomo View Post
            Reading and re-reading this discussion,I don't understand clearly what "200 20v aux gauge PCB" is.

Also this part i pretty hard:

"Pinout aquired from another topic somewhere in s2 Forum(cant remember who posted that), can confirm it works perfectly:
            S6 - 220v
            1 - tühi
            2 - tühi
            3 - 1
            4 - 2
            5 - 3
            6 - 4 (green- black)
            Pins are not numbered, so just follow back from the green-black colours"

Can anybody post a link to some guide please, I try to do by myself
            Allright, back to school with this one

"A printed circuit board (PCB) mechanically supports and electrically connects electronic components using conductive tracks, pads and other features etched from copper sheets laminated onto a non-conductive substrate" Wikipedia has more info if needed. Anyway 200 20v aux gauge PCM is the brownish control board in the back of the cluster, it has all the attachments for the gauges, then 2 sensor inputs and 4 pin connection for wiring.

As for the hard part, i made a picture. Basically it is as complicated as seen on the picture, just allign black wire with green and continue from there, i also changed the numbering to reverse so it would be a bit easyer to read.

The controlling info for clock is missing, this is why it's not working. I dont have any hands on experience how it is wired up, but i'm pretty sure you need to figure out the last 2 wired that went to the aux gauges (used to control clock from factory) and wire it back to the digital clock you now have under the tacho. is that case adjusting it is identical to the factory system. For the LED, check if the light circuit is wired up on that. it could be you need to tap the power from another bulb i'f its not connected from the factory.

On the aux gauge PCB you now have 2 external connections instead of 1, old one is the oil temp sensor (located in the oil pump pressure relief valve head). Also you need to wire in the oil pressure gauge (0-5 BAR, 0-5v, common on all older audis), this should be connected to the left side on the block, just under the oil pressure warning signal sensor. it has 2 outputs one for low pressure signal, one for the gauge.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

thank you very much Sir, now things are going better.
              The led behind the digital clock works, the aux gauges are now illuminated correctly and voltometer/oil temp seem to work.
              I still have to make digital clock... clocking, but I still haven't tried to connect the two remaining empty wires (which where to aux gauges) to the digital clock.. somewhere (have to find). Maybe to the 2 points on the picture, inside pink circle, because on Audi 200's digital clock there are two long pins right there.

"Also you need to wire in the oil pressure gauge (0-5 BAR, 0-5v, common on all older audis), this should be connected to the left side on the block, just under the oil pressure warning signal sensor. it has 2 outputs one for low pressure signal, one for the gauge."

Do I have to connect the Oil pressure Gauge pin in the back of aux gauges to one of the wires that goes from engine bay to the Instrument cluster T26 red connector? Which is the correct pin in red connector? I can't find a red connector pinouts diagram Looked everywhere
              sigpic

Comment

the pic
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

"Also you need to wire in the oil pressure gauge (0-5 BAR, 0-5v, common on all older audis), this should be connected to the left side on the block, just under the oil pressure warning signal sensor. it has 2 outputs one for low pressure signal, one for the gauge."

This is what I don't understand. Could you link a picture please?
                  Thank you
                  sigpic

Comment

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/96161.phtml

This site should answer that question

Comment

Working...
                    X