This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blux View Post
    Oem rs2 has trimmed a pilars. Rest is black plastic.
    My corrado has alcantara dash als a,b and c pilars. Also central console is covered. B pilar is a difficult one with the seatbelt adjustment.
    Aha! I see. Well I guess that's one major difference to a coupe with light coloured plastics then. It's painful to remember that I've sold a couple of sets of black coupe interiors in the past. But that was years ago when I had cars to break and no crystal ball to see into the future

Originally posted by RS2junkie View Post
    Hi,

i retrimmed the headlining and all the pillar trims & sun visors in charcoal alcantara. Its not that difficult, just takes time and patience. The sun visors need to be stitched, the rest is done with a spray contact adhesive. The end results are worth the effort.

Paul
    Oooh. sounds very nice. Do you have a thread on here with pictures? I have the very pale greyish beigey plastics so covering them up while I do the saggy headliner could be a real winner. I'd probably get a professional to do the sun visors though so they don't look like I've glued a pair of old socks over the top.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    1990 CQ20v
    2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Found Paul's pictures half way down here http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73651
      1990 CQ20v

Comment

I did mine also in alcantara finish, I've chosen light gray colour

Comment

have either of you had issues with water staining or any general wear issues? I can't help wondering if Finland would mock my efforts and destroy my trims
          1990 CQ20v

Comment

Pic

This is how it looks
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eJaYr View Post
              This is how it looks
              Hi,

This is the thread which includes the details of my retire and pictures...

The alcantara has a "pile" so looks quite dappled, not uniform at all, thats why I like it.... have not had any problems with it in the years since it was done, the glue is still holding well....

Well worth the effort.

P

Comment

Originally posted by RS2junkie View Post
                Hi,

This is the thread which includes the details of my retire and pictures...

The alcantara has a "pile" so looks quite dappled, not uniform at all, thats why I like it.... have not had any problems with it in the years since it was done, the glue is still holding well....

Well worth the effort.

P
                I'm definitely going to give this some serious thought. Especially if I can get a spare set of trims in case I make an **** of it
                Was it real or fake alcantara?

This is how it looks
                That looks good. was it faux alcantara/suede fabric?
                1990 CQ20v

Comment

Mine was Hans Reinke alcantara, I believe the colour code was "schiefer".

I've seen the material which looked like alcantara but it is nowhere close to it. If I would do it once again I would go real alcantara or "just" the material which looks like ori stuff. Depends how much you want to spend. If I had black plastic parts I would go 100% dark alcantara like in new rs cars

Comment

seem to remember removal of the old foam backing was with water...?

I need to do this but for the moment i have managed to get mine held up by running some staples along the rear of the roof panel. Held nice and taught for a couple of years now
                    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                      seem to remember removal of the old foam backing was with water...?

I need to do this but for the moment i have managed to get mine held up by running some staples along the rear of the roof panel. Held nice and taught for a couple of years now
                      I've had drawing pins since last summer but the car has been garaged since the start of the year so I'd blissfully forgotten. It's one of those things where you jump in, catch a glimpse of the headlining and cringe.

Has anyone tried a power-washer on the orange stuff? Or would the water ruin the board, whatever it's made of?

Mine was Hans Reinke alcantara, I believe the colour code was "schiefer".

I've seen the material which looked like alcantara but it is nowhere close to it. If I would do it once again I would go real alcantara or "just" the material which looks like ori stuff. Depends how much you want to spend. If I had black plastic parts I would go 100% dark alcantara like in new rs cars
                      Thanks. I'll need to see how much real alcantara is. It could be a case of selling a child/kidney/wife to buy it
                      1990 CQ20v

Comment

Alcantara price

It was 100 euro/m2. I believe you need 3-4 sq metres

Comment

damn! Yeah, well I suppose that's not too crazy. But I keep spending hundreds of euros on this car and it's not even an S2!!
                          1990 CQ20v

Comment

I paid 600 euro for headlining sun visors and that trim from the back of the car, but I took it out from the car and installed it back.

Comment

I've recently redone my headliner. Done it on my own but if you are going to tackle it yourself, i would suggest a friend to help you lay the headliner material down as it would be much easier and finish would be better.
                              It is a nasty and tedious job, but very rewarding.
                              im attaching some pictures of my job.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Finner View Post
                                I've recently redone my headliner. Done it on my own but if you are going to tackle it yourself, i would suggest a friend to help you lay the headliner material down as it would be much easier and finish would be better.
                                It is a nasty and tedious job, but very rewarding.
                                im attaching some pictures of my job.
                                The wire brush looks like a good approach. How long did it take with that?
                                1990 CQ20v

Comment

Working...
                                X