No announcement yet.

dashboard lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't dim LED's as much as filament bulbs in my experience of them.

Comment

they are dimmable just a bit, but you dont need adjusting them, they are perfect. the pic doesent show the real picture... it is just perfect.

IIRC there are 7 bulbs, order 10 of them, and you have left 3 for the aux gauges.
      Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Were they a like for like swap? I tried some smd ones and they didn't look half as good as yours. Are you still using the standard diffuser?

Comment

everything is standard, just the bulbs replaced with this leds. i know this manufacturer for years, i have always bought leds from him. i also have them in both my B2`s:

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Where did you buy yours Skull? I did get some off ebay, but they were horrible...didn't fit in properly.
            '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
            '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

http://www.ebay.de/itm/400730430410
              Audi Quattro WR

Comment

I've got some spare standard ones you can try

Comment

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
                  Where did you buy yours Skull? I did get some off ebay, but they were horrible...didn't fit in properly.
                  I'll second that, I've just taken them apart and used them for switch illumination

Comment

forum member nace bought them with me for his C4, ill ask him to post his opinion about the leds...
                    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

i can say that they work prefect in S6 C4 tacho

i will try to make picture of them in evening
                      S2 limo

Comment

found a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_1M...skbzAt4tKj4Isw
                        S2 limo

Comment

I need to revive this threat,i am planing to improve my curent dash,hate the orange
                          So at end of the day what is the best solution for RED color?Which bulbs?
                          Honestly i am sceptical abouth LED's

Comment

I found Dave post(dont know how i miss it)
                            Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                            Can't help you with where to buy that is close to you.

What you want is to upgrade the orange base 1.1W bulbs to light green base 2.0W bulbs. 10 or 11 of these: OSRAM, Audi PN 893919040A (the one on the left below)

Here is a good DIY that will work for you.

http://12v.org/faq/c4/instrument_clu...eplacement.htm

Here is something else by turboS4audi:

"I used 11 2W bulbs in my instrument cluster. They are indicated in Red in the pictures below. All the other bulbs ar 1.2W and are indicated in Green.

Make sure they are seated a complete quarter turn or you will be in there again very quickly.

"

Dave again:

The bulbs have locking tabs that line up with the slots in the hex head of the bulb:

The bulbs have two electrical contacts that are at 90 degrees to the locking tabs (and the slot in the bulb hex head). The electrical contacts go through those vertical slots.

The point of this is, you load the bulb into the CC Head bulb slots with the slot in the bulb hex head in the horizontal (meaning the electrical contacts are vertical) and then you turn the bulbs 90 degrees to the right (clockwise) until the slot is vertical and the locking tabs snap into the slots that the bulb electrical contacts went through. Clever design, I thought.

So basicly i will do like this

Comment

I was also very sceptical about LEDs going by past experiences but I bought the ones Skull recommended earlier in this thread and they are perfect a nice bright red, it's hard to get a good picture of them but I think they are perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by cadiddy View Post
                                I was also very sceptical about LEDs going by past experiences but I bought the ones Skull recommended earlier in this thread and they are perfect a nice bright red, it's hard to get a good picture of them but I think they are perfect.
                                Do you think these would be good for climate control panel?
                                '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                                '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Working...
                                X