C4 S6 seats in a B4 Saloon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C4 S6 seats in a B4 Saloon?

As you may or may not know, i got a 80 competition they other day, and I had forgot how rubbish the S2 standard seats are. A friend of mine is breaking a S6 C4 and i just want to know how much of a faf it would be to put his seats in my car? Anyone been there done that? His seats have the arm rest too, thinking that room is an issue..

Cheers.
    Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

If both S2 seats has height adjustment, then swap over lower frames. Job requires a hammer and big flathead screwdriver.
    Armrest is tight but does fit and is excellent option

Comment

Any more details on how to affix the c4 armrest to the b4 seats? Looks awesome!
      Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
      2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
      2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
      1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
      1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
        These are C4 seats with C4 armrest and B4 bases/frames. Looks awesome indeed.

Comment

I installed UrS4 seats into my coupe89 and into mate's 80 B4 Saloon. Mines have armrest.

Comment

If you find a good condition set of Recaros from a MK3 Golf they go in with ease. They just require one of the legs adjusting with a hammer to sit correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
              If both S2 seats has height adjustment, then swap over lower frames. Job requires a hammer and big flathead screwdriver.
              Armrest is tight but does fit and is excellent option

No cutting/welding needed? Thought the seat frames were permanently welded?

Comment

You can undo some metal clips and I believe some bolts/nuts and separate the actual seat base from the foam/cloth. Then you should be able to mount the B4 seat base on the C4 seat IIRC.

Comment

No welding required IF both B4 seats has height adjustment. Then it's just replacing lower frames. Mounting points are the same.

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                  Just weld a nut and bolt it on. IIRC all C4 seats has a thread for armrest, B4 does not. So weld a nut or cut & weld part from C4 seat and you can bolt armrest to B4 seat.

Comment

Both my 80 front seats have adjustable height from the factory so all good to go.
                    Just need some C4 front heated seats in grey leather now.

Top man for showing us how it's done.
                    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                    96 URS6 plus speck estate
                    94 2.6 80 Avant
                    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

I assume this only works for manual adjustable C4 seats? or can electric C4 seats be converted?

Comment

I believe so shaun as the subframes are completely different,but lets wait and see what he says.
                        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                        96 URS6 plus speck estate
                        94 2.6 80 Avant
                        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Electric seats can be done but that will require some work with drill, angle grinder and welding equipment. Won't be as easy as manual seats.
                          I've seen D2 Recaros swapped into B4 too. That also includes some fabrication.

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
                            Electric seats can be done but that will require some work with drill, angle grinder and welding equipment. Won't be as easy as manual seats.
                            I've seen D2 Recaros swapped into B4 too. That also includes some fabrication.
                            How much modification is required to fit D2 Recaro's in C4?
                            Last edited by hunker7; 7 October 2015, 13:06.
                            '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                            '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Turns out my passenger seat isn't height adjustable... What do i need to cut, weld and modify do fit the passenger seat?

Comment

Working...
                              X