No announcement yet.

XDF/ADX development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have the ADX pretty much 100% working now. With the ADX you can live trace all of the mapping to see what cells you touch given your table axis's. also you can data log directly in tuner pro and play back the allowing you to also see what cells where touched in your mapping. i still have to associate all of the logging variables with all of the maps but i have the major ones covered so far. also i have the ADX setup with inputting 0-5V AFR on ECU pin 46 for live reading straight from your wideband controller. there is no target AFR in the ADX but if someone wants to add it they can gladly do so. on the wideband input you cannot have the map switching patch enabled or it will screw with your AFR reading. i dont get the whole github thing so if anyone wants the XDF/ADX combo you can get it from my google drive, the link is below. i have the XDF and ADX in rar file so you will need winrar to unarchive them. I attached a PDF to this post explaining how to get rolling with logging in tuner pro.

I forgot to note that you must use my XDF with the ADX for live tracing to work, the official XDF in PRJ's github is not setup to interface with my ADX. if someone wanted to take the time to setup his XDF to interface with the ADX and submit it to his github that would be great.
    Attached Files
    "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Comment

Now the only problem i am having is getting everything correct for requested AFR in the definition. i looked at the source for PRJ's winlog driver but i cannot relate it to tuner pro to get a functioning variable for requested AFR on the dash.

This is the equation in the winlog source. the buf=0xXX is my notes added for the point in code that is output from the ECU.
      Code:
      // Target AFR
      double calcvalue = (buf[15]*256+buf[14])*pow(2.0, buf[13]); //    buf15=0x02   buf14=0x01  buf13=0x00
      unsigned char injconstant  = buf[16] == 0 ? 1 : buf[16]; //    buf16=0x03
      calcvalue = (128.0/injconstant)*calcvalue;
      calcvalue = calcvalue == 0 ? 1 : calcvalue;
      calcvalue = 1/(calcvalue/65536.0)*14.7;
      fielddata[25] = calcvalue > 99.0 ? 99.00 : calcvalue;
      code.

I was thinking that it may be easier if possible in tuner pro to just have an ADX value read directly off of the (Fuel enrichment - P/T) table because that is technically requested AFR. If im wrong here please correct me.

Comment

Nevermind on the post above, i think i sorted it out. Anyone can get the revised ADX from my google drive that now has requested AFR displayed. the link in this post is to a folder in my google drive. There are ADX files with both metric and imperial measure, an XDF that i have revised for patching the motor chip for 0-5V wideband logging and a demo XDL data log file for everyone to view.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...0b?usp=sharing

Comment

I made a both XDF and ADX that allows live tracing of all of the important maps from the high speed data logging protocol. By default the the ADX dash has some values displayed in imperial units but you can right click on that gauge and select any other value you want that gauge to be. For example if your not a fan of temperatures being displayed in degrees F you can select the degrees C version of that gauge instead and your gauges will be that unit of measure than. The ones i made configurable so far are the IAT, CLT, wheel speed, and boost.

coolant and intake air temp=degrees F or C
          wheel speed=mph or km/h
          boost=PSI relative to vacuum or KPA.

All of the temperatures in the tables have not been changed so they are in degrees C by default. The same goes for the VE table, its one axis is stll KPA. Lastly i rearranged the original XDF to make it a little easier to use, added comments from the wiki, and some flags in there that if you mouse over them they will give you information. The XDF and ADX can be found in my google drive shared folder in the link below. The wideband AFR live reading is still not working right yet either so do not rely on or expect it to work, find other means to monitor live AFR for now.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vK...AfAsTOaHB7dh0b

Comment

I found an issue with the ADX not displaying the injector PW% correctly so i fixed it. Just a reminder that you must use my XDF for live data table tracing or setup your own to make it work.

Comment

Great!!! Keep going!
              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Originally posted by Billman View Post
                Great!!! Keep going!
                thanks billman! i think its as good as its going to get for now.

Comment

If you want to view your tuner pro log in winlog viewer as well or be able to post/share it with the non tuner pro logging community you can export your log to CSV and they will work in winlog view. to export a tuner pro log you must do this....

1. open the log you want to export in tuner pro.
                  2.choose the Acquisition drop down at the top, select export log.
                  3. Pick where you want your CSV exported to and touch nothing else in there other than the export button.

comma separated and tab separated both work in winlog view but i figured i'd save a step by just saying to leave it at its default.

tuner pro gets better and better every day!

Comment

Another update to the ADX. The boost values where for MPXH6400A only, i added for all of the other sensors according to PRJ's winlog driver DLL. All you do is right click on the boost gauge in with gauge view open, mouse over values and scroll down to select the sensor your using. Manifold pressure (Bosch 250) is in KPA and Boost (Bosch 250) is in PSI relative to vacuum for example.

Link to the updated ADX in my google drive.
                    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kA2...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Last edited by jonn48; 29 July 2020, 20:20.

Comment

I welcome everyone, not so long ago I began to deal with PRJ firmware and almost immediately the question arose whether it is possible to replace the lambda control logic and use the 0-5v analog output from an external aem wideband to control the composition of the fuel mixture

Comment

and another question is ADX and XDF for the PRJ chip that works on MAF? I want to fix something

Comment

Working...
                          X