No announcement yet.

S702 information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha, I am so dumb, you are right about the S_ pins. Pins 29-34 + 35-39 serve the same input switch functions on both DME's. The values that S700 reads from addresses 40h and 41h correspond to the states on those pins (plus the 6 bidirectional ones). I will play around with this more later to make sure of the mapping. It seems that writes to address 40h get output on pins 19-26, but read from pins 31-39. Reads to 41h seem to be pins 29, 30, 3, 4, 5, 6 10 & 11, and I am not entirely sure what writes to 41h are. Pins 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 & 11 change state after a write to address 20h, so either that writes to them directly, or it is some sort of port enable register. I guess I will just have to burn some small IO test programs to some spare EPROMS to force toggles on various bits so I can look for them in the output.
    Last edited by bmwman91; 9 January 2018, 00:12.
    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy. - Dave Berry

Comment

The thing has 3 PWM outputs as well, all can be used.
      They are labeled TV1/TV2/TV3 in the schematic.

You have seen the schematic right?
      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Yes, I have a copy of the schematic. It looks like there are actually 4 TV# pins on the chip (0-3). The acronyms used for a lot of the things on there are difficult for me since Bosch either uses their own nomenclature, or they are acronyms for technical terms in German language, which I am not fluent in!

Things did seem to go off on a bit of a tangent in the old thread before this new subforum was made, so I think I will probably go and spend a bit more time with the logic analyzer and in the code. I do not have nearly enough of an understanding of the ROM code to know what the commands to S702 are really doing!
        When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy. - Dave Berry

Comment

Thanks for moving your work over here BMWman91, i was super bummed to see my thread got locked.
          "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Comment

Actually, it looks like PRJ and the mod team did it. I went to check your old thread and thought that the stuff I had posted was deleted or something! On the one hand it is a bummer that it was locked, but it looks like there is even better news since there is a whole subforum dedicated to the super cool efforts people are working on!

Comment

Yes, I moved everything regarding the S702 into this thread.
              It is a horrible practice to start long threads talking about multiple things because it is impossible to track/go through it later.
              http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Hi I am still trying to understand how the s702 and its output are managed by s700 like injectors and evaporations solenoid. Can someone explain a bit or name some address in xram what are they.

Here the info I have : p1.7, p4.0 and p4.6 seems to be related to injection cause they are connected to s750 chip that actually holds the last bits of lines to injector before it goes onto boost board.

as far as XRAM these upper XRAM are accessed in routines that use ports above : 0xA081, 0xA010, 0xA011, 0xA040, 0xA041, A009, A021, A020, A002, A003, A004, A005 A008

I know A040 and A041 are used for idle switch, AC and compressor and some auto trans switch and feed RAM_20 and RAM_21, is this true?

But, I cannot figure how the PWM output are used like evap. How does s700 gives a PWM value to it for s702.

Any info or confirmation of what is/are the xram above o I can continue my understanding?

Thanks
                Last edited by vincentroyc; 7 November 2019, 14:45.

Comment

Yes A040 is related to the AC switch but I have to work a little bit more on this point too.
                  PWM signals seems to be generated extra.

Comment

At the moment I know 2 Versions of the CC 151 V1, 30240 (at V8) and 30074 (at 20V) - but I don't know what's the difference of course.

Comment

S702 - this is my favorite chip most of the information how it works is in the motor chip code. If you follow how the lambda control calculates the adaptation, you will also find how it controls the N80 i.e. how and which xram is mapped to port. The same is for the other ports. No matter some of them is not connected and will find even heating of lambda sensor for V8 motor .

Best Regards!!

Comment

I'm still logging the CPU ports etc
                        At the V8 the challenge is the MC68705 - the knock control I investigate more than the heating control (it's different between I5 and V8 from the strategy).
                        I also could use the tank purge control to control a N75 for turbo applications BUT I don't have enough ignition outputs available
                        8 injectors but only 2 spark outputs - would need 4 outputs in minimum, then I wouldn't think about any aftermarket ECU anymore.
                        May I could find some time to install 2 additional spark outputs... but I'm honest, I'm unsure if it's worth.

Comment

I'm in the process of writing some custom code for my 1.7.3 Motronic that shares the same 80c535 as the 2.3.2 as well as the s702 chip that in my case controls the ignition, evap solenoid, O2 sensor heater etc. But I was not able to find how it is being controlled in the ecu code. From what I could find I need to write to xram to control this pins, but is it as simple as setting a bit to enable an output and clearing it to disable? If yes how can I figure out which adress I should change to change the output of port 1 and port 2 in the s702 for example? write to 0xA040 to alter the state of port 2 pins and 0x041 alter the state of port 1 pins?
                          Last edited by dimiras; 26 April 2020, 02:53.

Comment

I would check the RESET code and play with it - so you don't need a runing engine.
                            May you create a more specific thread?

Comment

I did some more searching and looked at 8255 PPI datasheets and examples.

I also followed the reset code of my ecu, and tryed to compare with the 2.3.2(Fuel ECU)
                              Motronic 1.7.3 Motronic 2.3.2
                              DPH DPL Data Info DPH DPL Data Info
                              A0 81 1 RESET S702? A0 81 1 RESET S702?
                              A0 10 81 SETUP GROUP A (PORT 1 and PORT 3 Higher 4 bits) A0 10 21
                              A0 11 81 SETUP GROUP B (PORT 2 and PORT 3 Lower 4 bits) A0 11 18
                              A0 40 FF A0 40 FF
                              A0 41 FF A0 41 FF
                              A0 2 0 A0 2 0
                              A0 3 0 A0 3 0
                              A0 4 0 A0 4 0
                              A0 5 0 A0 5 0
                              A0 8 0 A0 8 0
                              A0 9 0 A0 9 FF
                              A0 21 D7 A0 21 F7
                              A0 20 FF A0 20 FF
                              Let me know if I am on the right track

Comment

Hmm RAM_21, RAM_22 and RAM_23 are related to the CC150.
                                RAM_21 - "input" I0-I7
                                RAM_22 - "input" I8-I15
                                RAM_23 - "output" P2.0 - P2.7
                                For the configuration I guess... setb RAM_22.1 etc.
                                Same as X-RAM 0x60?
                                A040 I find see 1 and FF

How can I support you?

Comment

Working...
                                X