Map sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map sensor

Hi, I'm not currently running any mods but seem to have a faulty MAP sensor. Is it possible to use the MPXH6400A mentioned for these mods without doing any of the other changes right away? Or what is the minimum starting point to get up and running? or a MAP sensor that will work well with current default firmware and PRJs firmware. Thanks

First off, what makes you think the MAP is faulty?
    Secondly what car is it?
    The 4 in the 6400 means it’s a 4Bar sensor.
    RS2 uses 3Bar
    ABY uses 2.5

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

I think it is because I have no boost beyond wastgate spring and that's what vagcom says. I'v tried replacing the pressure hoses that feed it which did seem rather tired but no change. Iv previously replaced a leaking throttle body hose and the hose before but nothing. So working my way through parts and knock sensors are next and on order with MAP after on my hitlist.

Its an ABY, that was the 1st MAP sensor I found on the board when looking through for alternatives then realised there was all of these mods so if there is a better option I should start with to work pre and post firmware mod then I will take it. Im not intending on getting any more power than stock really, just get it back to a happy state.

Comment

Essentially you would have to do all of the ecu modifications, map sensor, add the extra wire and of course the sw on the chips unless you are able to rewrite the sw of the standard ecu to accomodate the new map sensor values.
        Have you tried temporarily removing the electrical connector from the MFTS as a faulty overheat signal would give you those symptoms without any other clue! It's free to try and a common issue.

Comment

OK, I thought that might be the case as I read more. I don't mind doing the physical mods to the ecu, software ones I couldn't work out last night but it might have been the time of day. Will try re-reading it later as it does seem to have its obvious advantages.

At some point I think I did try disconnecting it, although it was before I changed some hoses so will give it another go tonight now I think it's not leaking more air. Thanks

Comment

Yes the chips just need to erased and reprogrammed with the compatible sw. You realise that it would in effect be a upgrade and off course its speed density ( no MAF)?
            I don't believe VCDS/Vag com measures boost on our ecu. So whant value have you been looking at?

Comment

I mean vagcom says there is an issue with MAP sensor, I'm assuming it is at least almost correct? My initial thought was a leak giving lower than expected readings. I can't remember the fault code it had now so would have to dig them out again.

As for wastgate sprint level of boost, I'm purely guessing as it does appear to pick up ready to go and a slight noise is heard like the turbo spool (or something else going wrong?) then it bogs right down and doesn't have any more power with foot fully down or foot half down and is as slow as a bus. Haha.

Comment

Was it 00519?
                Might be better to start a new thread or bump an old one for this issue as there are a few possibilities!
                Even if it turns out to be the original map sensor, there might be some knocking around from those who have already performed PRJ's mods assuming you did not want to take advantage of the benefits.

Comment

The diagnostic/live reporting benefits seem fun to play around with. Not really looking for the performance benefits atm. Will do some digging through and try some more tonight and hopefully have some new knock sensors to try before seeing if there are any old MAP to try first then.
                  Thanks

Comment

It’s almost impossible for a MAP to go wrong. You probably have a boost leak, especially as you say you here a noise from the turbo and then it bogs. Do a proper boost leak test.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

Run a line direct from the inlet manifold to the ECU to rule that out.

Open the ECU and check the hose inside.

Disconnect the MFTS to rule out the overheat trigger.

HTH
                      Cheers'en, AndyC
                      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

MPXH6250 can be used in S2 ECU and MPXH6300 can be used in RS2 ECU without remap
                        [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

Would there be any issues running an rs2 sensor in an s2?

Comment

Originally posted by HuwSy View Post
                            Would there be any issues running an rs2 sensor in an s2?
                            ...you need a remap
                            [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

Rats... ok thanks.

After further digging about I have an oil leak and head gasket to be replaced so its off the road and in pieces now. Perhapse this was throwing everything off although yet to workout why it blames the MAP in this instance.

Comment

Working...
                              X