Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it still possible to read prj mode ECU with VCDS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it still possible to read prj mode ECU with VCDS?

... because I can't
    [__]=oooo=[__]

Should be if you floor the throttle while switching on ignition. In "normal mode" it goes to fastlogging and then there's no diagnostics available.

Comment

Ok Thanks... is this also needed for WINLOG? Because I also have no connection to WINLOG. Now I also found it http://m232.org/index.php?title=Fast...enable/disable

(ad info, I am on the workbench with bench wiring and not in a car)

still no datastream to winlog
      Last edited by blackS2; 4 February 2018, 10:31.
      [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

Winlog / Tunerpro logging uses the fastlogging, so if you need that just turn the ignition on normally. I think this fastlogging should work with engine not running, but I'm not 100% sure.

Comment

In RS4 WINLOG works without engine running on the bench - so I guess I should also in S2 but I will try again...
          [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

With winlog/tunerpro logging I mean the prjmod fastlogging protocol. So if you're using Winlog with plugin that can do RS4, then you will not be able to use that with prjmod fastlogging. The prjmod fastlogging plugin and source code are available at github.

And because this is purpose built injected code to the ecu, it can vary how it works in different situations. The code can be injected in interrupt functions or in the main loop or other routines.

Comment

Originally posted by kymi View Post
              With winlog/tunerpro logging I mean the prjmod fastlogging protocol. So if you're using Winlog with plugin that can do RS4, then you will not be able to use that with prjmod fastlogging. The prjmod fastlogging plugin and source code are available at github.

And because this is purpose built injected code to the ecu, it can vary how it works in different situations. The code can be injected in interrupt functions or in the main loop or other routines.
              The VCDS issue is solved with Throttle - thanks. VCDS is working that way.

Still no datastream to WINLOG.

You missunderstood :-) I did not use the RS4 stuff on S2.

The Laptop is configured exact following the description on 232 website with the 232 files ;-)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by blackS2; 4 February 2018, 12:13.
              [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

Have you got the comm port splitter running?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                  Have you got the comm port splitter running?
                  Nope - not emulating in this configuration
                  [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

Did you configure correct port in WinLog? If VCDS is working and fastlogging not, it's for sure a problem with computer config.
                    Also, before starting WinLog, start VCDS, go to options, uncheck "boot in intelligent mode" (or if it is not checked leave it that way) and do a "Test".
                    After that try starting WinLog.

Does your car have an immo box? If yes:
                    http://m232.org/index.php?title=Requ...bilizer_bypass
                    Until you do this, it won't work.

EDIT: Just looked at the picture, OK I think immo box is not the problem
                    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Port as shown in picture above. I am not using the VCDS cable für WINLOG - I am using a EODB 1260 cable that I used for ME7 logger before. But I will test with VCDS cable in dumb mode.

update - with VCDS there is no Com Port, ist USB direct. So nothing to Setup in WINLOG...
                      Last edited by blackS2; 4 February 2018, 15:51.
                      [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

For VCDS you need the VCP driver from Ross-tech
                        http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

thanks, that worked on the spot
                          [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

Update.

Setting up Windows with ROSS-Tech VCP - WINLOG works on the Spot.

Installing VCDS after that - the VCP disappears from Device Manager and no way to get comport to WINLOG.

Setting VCDS to dumb mode does not bring a comport back. After deleting VCDS from Windows - Comport is back - WINLOG gets datastream.

Another question. I am getting datastream from Throttle in WINLOG but no pressure signal (pressure is on) and no IAT signal (-49) (IAT sensor is plugged). Load is 480
                            I am getting voltage signal at pin 32 1,2-4,8V (pressure sensor) .

I guess engine must be running to provide these Data (I dont remember, because my old S2 drove 7 years with VEMS...

(no engine present - workbench)
                            [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

update - confirmed engine must be running to get IAT and CLT Data...
                              [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

Working...
                              X