Added feature Patcher for PRJmod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added feature Patcher for PRJmod.

Since i came up with some new features i figured i'd share them with the community. The features and changes only work on PRJmod motor chip chip files and nothing more. although they can be made to work in other normal BIN files they will not work directly right out of the patcher XDF. Maybe in the future i will make an XDF with patches or add to this one that gives the ability to add features to non PRJmod motor chip BIN's. The patcher XDF will correct the motor chip checksum as well if you choose to not copy and paste them the variables over to your personal XDF. The patches and what they do are listed below.

-MFTS (ECU pin 46) input enable wideband input (Data Logging)
    DO NOT USE THIS WITH MAP SWITCHING MFTS PATCH ENABLED!
    This Patch will enable ECU pin 46 to be used as a 0-5v input from a Zeitronix ZT-2 or ZT-3 wideband controller for data logging. This can only be used with the matching ADX defintion or winlog DLL file created by Made by me. The ADX and DLL can be found in my other post on here about logging.

-Coding Plug Pin 1 for NLS activation
    Use this patch to change from activating NLS with Coding plug pin 2 and 12V to grounding coding plug pin 1. you will need to have a brake light switch on your clutch pedal to make this work. switch needs to be open when clutch pedal is up and connecting ground circuit when the pedal is pressed.

-ECU pin 42 input for map switching
    THIS IS A BETA AND HAS NOT BEEN TESTED YET!!
    This patch enables race fuel MAP switching on the motor chip when ECU pin 42 is grounded.
    -NOTE!- You may have to add a wire to your ECU connector on pin 42 for this feature!

-CEL Shift Light Patch
    CEL=Check Engine Light
    This will enable the CEL to be a shift light. RPM adjustment for the light should be copy/pasted into your XDF's RPM Limits, LC/NLS folder. set this 300RPM below your shift light. The check engine light works as normal still so if there is a fault it will illimunate all the time. Also guys in europe supposedly dont have the CEL wired from the factory so you may have to add a pin/wire to your harness to have this feature. this is a grounding output so one side of the bulb has switched 12V to it. you could use an external 12v LED for this and hide it somewhere on the dash as well. the anode of the LED will go to switched 12v and the cathode will be wired to the output of the CEL wire from your ECU. if you dont know what im talking about google is your friend.

Use this stuff at your own risk and mouse over the READ ME! flags in the XDF for further information. I have personally tested all but the map switching and they do work fine. If there's any concern about processor crashing at high RPM like in my other post these where not the problem, i goofed and changed random binary by accident to cause that problem. its since been corrected and everything is working fine with these patches enabled. If PRJ approves of these patches and wants to add them to the XDF in his repo im not opposed to that being done.

These Patches where made with the help of a few of the guys here on the forum, not sure if they want personal mentions or not but they will know who they are if they see this.

Future add on's i plan are rolling launch control that can be wired to a push button and knock control disabled during launch control are 2 of the other ideas i have for the future.
    Last edited by vwnut8392; 19 March 2018, 07:58.
    "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Did anyone try this lam input into pin 46 patch?
    I tried to patch the AC fix file located:
    https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...75#post2064875

But the tool fails with error - Base data does not match

Comment

Originally posted by bobby singh View Post
      Did anyone try this lam input into pin 46 patch?
      I tried to patch the AC fix file located:
      https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...75#post2064875

But the tool fails with error - Base data does not match
      AC idle patch is a simple, when the air conditioner is turned on RAM_20.6 flag bit is flipped from 0 to 1. when it comes to idle mapping the motronic is also equipped with code and mapping for automatic S6's. all the patch does is when RAM_20.6 flag bit is set it makes the motronic read the "in drive" automatic idle map instead of nothing like it did originally because of a coding flaw.

lambda input is also simple, figure out the high speed logging output and the order the data flows out of the ECU. find the data thats there for the MAF that isnt used anymore and replace it with a code jump to an open section. 12 XX XX = jump to open section. than there put 90 BE 04 12 17 CF 22. that will make the logging output ADC input 4. look at the logic for how the logging output works, its pretty simple and think backwards because it actually works from the bottom up if your looking at it in a disassembler.

also the patch i included here only works on 8A0 907 551B motor chip files for the RS2 and nothing else. if you tried to use it on anything else it will not work. you have to hand port the code changes into any other version of motor chip. the code is the same its just in a different place. PRJ based all his initial work on 8A0 907 551B RS2 binaries as its the best version of software out there from the factory.

Comment

Thanks for replying indeed I discovered last night the patcher only works with the files included with the files provided by prj.
        I then ported the changes into the AC fix file (which is the RS2 dataset I believe), but I guess the patcher see's a delta and threw the above error.

I'm using a ALM lambda device - https://ecotrons.com/accurate_lambda_meter/alm-lsu-adv/
        For now I want lambda into the log to build my SD map correctly.

On another note
        If you are interested (will pay for your time) - I would love to get this period correct ad scan device running for additional input logging.

IMG_9513~photo.jpg IMG_9514~photo.jpg

Thanks
        Bobby
        Last edited by bobby singh; 25 April 2022, 21:51.

Comment

Thanks for replying indeed I discovered last night the patcher only works with the files included with the Original patcher.
          I then ported the changes into the AC fix file (which is the RS2 dataset I believe), but I guess the patcher see's a delta and threw the above error.

I'm using a ALM lambda device - https://ecotrons.com/accurate_lambda_meter/alm-lsu-adv/
          For now I want lambda into the log to build my SD map correctly.

On another note
          If you are interested (will pay for your time) - I would love to get this period correct ad scan device running for additional input logging.

IMG_9513~photo.jpg IMG_9514~photo.jpg

Thanks
          Bobby
          i have never seen that device before. i dont know how your logging with this but im doing all my data logging directly in tuner pro RT. i dont use PRJ's original method using winlog and com port splitters and stuff for the wideband. how i do it is like i said above, i basically took MAF related data output in the logging code and repurposed it to output the raw ADC that i chose to input from the zeitronix wideband controller. if you look in PRJ's github he put the source for his driver for winlog, this is the key to what the order of the data output is from the ECU.

over all once i had raw data coming through tuner pro RT i used what they call a lookup table in their software to translate the raw data from my wideband controller into a value i can read along with getting lucky that some guy posted a good equation for the zeitronix ZT-3 in an HPtuners forum. over all my solution works at the points where it matters. on the gauge if its goes below 11.0 AFR my logging stops at 11.0 exactly even though the car could really be below that but when your overly rich your overly rich. like my controller reads to 9.0AFR and my logging solution seems to only read right till 11.0AFR. i dont care, i can work with it because its accurate in the places it matters.

over all i used MAF table input in logging for wideband input and the MAF cell value in logging is now my ethanol controllers input. you have 2 spare ADC's on your motor chip. ADC4 and ADC6. there are spare ADC's on the boost chip too but they are not easily enabled. i wont elaborate on why they are not but i will just leave it at that.

Comment

vwnut8392
            Here is some work which might be useful
            Attached you will find adx with metric measurements (including AFR converted to Lambda) - Rename .pdf to .rar
            I'm using the following formula:
            (((X*0.007212) + 0.3125))

My lambda controller is set as follows:
            0.5 lam @ 0.5v
            2.0 lam @ 4.5v

m232_fastlogging Bobby v3.pdf

First I established the value of X - Used a bench psu with ecu gnd and power to pin 46 and equation set to (X) :

(See attached pic "Raw Output.jpg")
            Raw Output.jpg

Once you plot this, the curve was linear and the above formula is perfectly matched

See Lambda in tunerpro.jpg

Lambda in tunerpro.jpg

I have a request you mentioned there are two other ADC inputs in the ECU, would you mind enabling those on my attached file?
            V5_Bobby_27c512_Patched for lam.bin.pdf (renamed to .pdf)
            I would need the logging set up in the adx if you could - Programming is not my domain

I observation I've noticed is that TunerPro has export to csv feature but when you do this the data is not right - for example TPS shows up as max 63%

Thanks in advance
            Bobby

Comment

vwnut8392
              Here is some work which might be useful
              Attached you will find adx with metric measurements (including AFR converted to Lambda) - Rename .pdf to .rar
              I'm using the following formula:
              (((X*0.007212) + 0.3125))

My lambda controller is set as follows:
              0.5 lam @ 0.5v
              2.0 lam @ 4.5v

[ATTACH]n2119936[/ATTACH]

First I established the value of X - Used a bench psu with ecu gnd and power to pin 46 and equation set to (X) :

(See attached pic "Raw Output.jpg")
              Raw Output.jpg

Once you plot this, the curve was linear and the above formula is perfectly matched

See Lambda in tunerpro.jpg

Lambda in tunerpro.jpg

I have a request you mentioned there are two other ADC inputs in the ECU, would you mind enabling those on my attached file?
              [ATTACH]n2119939[/ATTACH] (renamed to .pdf)
              I would need the logging set up in the adx if you could - Programming is not my domain

I observation I've noticed is that TunerPro has export to csv feature but when you do this the data is not right - for example TPS shows up as max 63%

Thanks in advance
              Bobby
              great work! AFR is my personal preference so thats what i use but its good to see that you have added lambda as another unit of measure for those who prefer that vs AFR. in the tuner pro ADX there are units of measure for C and F temperatures. boost can be in KPA or PSI relative to atmospheric pressure. the KPA equations PRJ did work perfectly so if you look closely at everything all i did was read the KPA value and convert to PSI relative.

ADC's are all active by default. you need to add code for what you want to make them do.

here is info about ADC's from my notes.

----------
              Motor Chip
              ----------
              AN0 = TPS - Throttle Position
              AN1 = UBAT - battery voltage
              AN2 = IAT - signal from intake air temperature sensor ECU pin 44
              AN3 = ECT - signal from engine temp sensor. ECU pin 45
              AN4 = Coding Plug Pin 2. ECU pin 39. Free ADC
              AN5 = not used, automatic related.(Used for MAP sensor input.)
              AN6 = Not used ECU pin 46 (Used for map switching in early ECU's) ----> Wideband input for data logging.
              AN7 = US on S600 may be Lambda.

----------
              Boost Chip
              ----------
              AN0 = knock signal
              AN1 = MAP in kPa - Ram_6B
              AN2 = .......----tied to ground with CPU, cannot be activated without lifting boost processor.
              An3 = TPS but for boost code - RAM_6C
              AN4 = IAT for boost - Ram_69
              AN5 = ECT for boost - Ram_6A
              AN6 = .... ----tied to ground with CPU, cannot be activated without lifting boost processor.
              AN7 = Altitude sensor signal - Ram_67

i use AN4 on motor chip for my ethanol content sensor input which is read the same way as the wideband for logging. also wideband controllers output differently from maker to maker. i use zeitronix ZT-3 because its the most cost effective WB controller that does both 0-5V for logging and outputs a 0-1V signal for simulated narrowband. with this i dont need to 2 sensors in my downpipe. only need the wideband.

the CSV output has a header attached to it and that depends on what program your using to look at the CSV. normally you have to strip the header off the CSV file in a text editor for it to work right in like winlogview. there are different forms of CSV output. comma separated is what most of the software out there reads.
              Last edited by vwnut8392; 6 May 2022, 22:41.

Comment

Originally posted by vwnut8392 View Post
                great work! AFR is my personal preference so thats what i use but its good to see that you have added lambda as another unit of measure for those who prefer that vs AFR. in the tuner pro ADX there are units of measure for C and F temperatures. boost can be in KPA or PSI relative to atmospheric pressure. the KPA equations PRJ did work perfectly so if you look closely at everything all i did was read the KPA value and convert to PSI relative.

ADC's are all active by default. you need to add code for what you want to make them do.

here is info about ADC's from my notes.

----------
                Motor Chip
                ----------
                AN0 = TPS - Throttle Position
                AN1 = UBAT - battery voltage
                AN2 = IAT - signal from intake air temperature sensor ECU pin 44
                AN3 = ECT - signal from engine temp sensor. ECU pin 45
                AN4 = Coding Plug Pin 2. ECU pin 39. Free ADC
                AN5 = not used, automatic related.(Used for MAP sensor input.)
                AN6 = Not used ECU pin 46 (Used for map switching in early ECU's) ----> Wideband input for data logging.
                AN7 = US on S600 may be Lambda.

----------
                Boost Chip
                ----------
                AN0 = knock signal
                AN1 = MAP in kPa - Ram_6B
                AN2 = .......----tied to ground with CPU, cannot be activated without lifting boost processor.
                An3 = TPS but for boost code - RAM_6C
                AN4 = IAT for boost - Ram_69
                AN5 = ECT for boost - Ram_6A
                AN6 = .... ----tied to ground with CPU, cannot be activated without lifting boost processor.
                AN7 = Altitude sensor signal - Ram_67

i use AN4 on motor chip for my ethanol content sensor input which is read the same way as the wideband for logging. also wideband controllers output differently from maker to maker. i use zeitronix ZT-3 because its the most cost effective WB controller that does both 0-5V for logging and outputs a 0-1V signal for simulated narrowband. with this i dont need to 2 sensors in my downpipe. only need the wideband.

the CSV output has a header attached to it and that depends on what program your using to look at the CSV. normally you have to strip the header off the CSV file in a text editor for it to work right in like winlogview. there are different forms of CSV output. comma separated is what most of the software out there reads.
                Very nice so if I would like to add 0 to 5v to pin 39 (AN4) what changes would I need? could you add the code to my bin above?
                I want the same as pin 46 basically but for EGT logging basically.

CSV export error

Also, I contacted TunerPro support and he confirmed there is a bug in the software which was limiting the TPS to 63% when exporting the csv.
                His workaround was to change the output type from Hex to Integer on the conversion tab.
                See attachment for the latest

Many thanks
                Bobby
                Attached Files

Comment

Very nice so if I would like to add 0 to 5v to pin 39 (AN4) what changes would I need? could you add the code to my bin above?
                  I want the same as pin 46 basically but for EGT logging basically.

CSV export error

Also, I contacted TunerPro support and he confirmed there is a bug in the software which was limiting the TPS to 63% when exporting the csv.
                  His workaround was to change the output type from Hex to Integer on the conversion tab.
                  See attachment for the latest

Many thanks
                  Bobby
                  you need to look at the code for the high speed logging for the motor chip and figure out which value you want to replace with a new one than copy the code from the other ADC output to do the same thing but with AN4. wideband replaces MAF related output that PRJ had there originally. i dont use MAF so no point in having it there.

Comment

Working...
                  X