X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky to have the wizards help
    carry on Matt, you have no fear!

Comment

im on to working with the motor chip now. the new problem is that its a 12Mhz oscillator instead of the boost chips 8Mhz oscillator. what i have to deal with now is a baud rate that both can send data back and fourth to each other on and at the same time still output data fast enough to be useful. if i cant come up with something on the stock hardware im going to look into putting oscillator crystals from an AAN ECU with 11.88Mhz on both sides of the ECU in hopes that it will function like the AAN does. if thats the case than i will have at least one 3B ECU that is capable of high speed logging and unfortunately if people want to have high speed logging on 3B they will have to do the hardware mods to make it work. wonder why bosch did this with to the 3B ECU?

Maybe theres a possibility to have 12mhz oscillator crystals on both motor and boost chips as well? who knows but time will tell and luckily i have a spare 3B ECU that works with no car to call home to hack up and test stuff on.
      "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Comment

i have a working high speed logging on 3B now! i ended up just changing the boost side oscillator to a 12mhz one out of a parts DME from a porsche 944 turbo. after installing that the logging works perfectly 1 to 1 with how the AAN does at 187500 baud. just so everyone knows im using tuner pro RT logging for this too.

Comment

I could image that a lot of timer stuff now isn't working as wanted?!

Comment

Yeah, timing and friends are screwed now.
            http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

just to add im using 551A boost chip software from AAN that was on an 11.88mhz oscillator crystal from the start. im not using the standard 3B boost chip software. 551A 8k boost chip works fine in this situation as far as i've tested. if i see any problems i'll switch it to an 11.88mhz crystal like the AAN. but beyond that it seems to work without a issues so far.

Comment

Is it normal that the boost chip always sends it part of the data stream?

the MOT chip disables serial data if the ignition is turned on with TPS 100% But the boost chip doesn‘t. Is this a bug or feature?

Comment

the motor chip will never send data technically if 0xAA 0xBB is never seen from the boost chip. now if the throttle isnt pressed down the motor chip is referencing the logging code still waiting for 0xAA 0xBB instead of waiting for initialization from VCDS or a VAG scanner. this is why the TPS code is there. long story short I made it that way so that the fault codes can be checked. If you look closely the boost chip only pushes data if the engine is running and RPM is registered so if the car is not running it will never send 0xAA 0xBB allowing fault codes to be checked.
                  Last edited by vwnut8392; 25 December 2018, 18:12.

Comment

I tried with the PRJ default SD chips for aan/aby and the boost chip starts sending when I flash it. So if I disable the MOT chip with 100% TPS and ignition on (which actually works), the boost chip is still sending (also 0xaa and 0xbb).
                    Can‘t explain that or it‘s totally different from the logic you implemented.

BR

Comment

Originally posted by -ice- View Post
                      I tried with the PRJ default SD chips for aan/aby and the boost chip starts sending when I flash it. So if I disable the MOT chip with 100% TPS and ignition on (which actually works), the boost chip is still sending (also 0xaa and 0xbb).
                      Can‘t explain that or it‘s totally different from the logic you implemented.

BR
                      In PRJ's TPS disables both sides from sending data.

this is the boost chip side.
                      Code:
                      ode:000019A0          This starts with the enabling or disabling of
                      code:000019A0          the high speed logging via TPS. if the TPS
                      code:000019A0          is pressed down above the value 0x0C it sets
                      code:000019A0          Open_RAM to 0 disabling the logging.
                      code:000019A0
                      code:000019A0          ; =============== S U B R O U T I N E =======================================
                      code:000019A0          Logging_Code_01:                        ; CODE XREF: IE0+C30↑p
                      code:000019A0 20 18 1E                 jb      RAM_23.0, code_19C1 ; Jump if Bit is set
                      code:000019A3 75 D8 03                 mov     ADCON1, #3      ; Read TPS From AN3
                      code:000019A6 75 DA 00                 mov     DAPR, #0        ; D/A Converter Program Register
                      code:000019A9
                      code:000019A9          code_19A9:                              ; CODE XREF: Logging_Code_01:code_19A9↓j
                      code:000019A9 20 DC FD                 jb      ADCON1.4, code_19A9 ; A/D Converter Control Register 1
                      code:000019AC E5 D9                    mov     A, ADDAT        ; A/D Converter Data Register
                      code:000019AE B4 C0 00                 cjne    A, #0xC0, code_19B1 ; Compare to TPS constant 90%.
                      code:000019B1
                      code:000019B1          code_19B1:                              ; CODE XREF: Logging_Code_01+E↑j
                      code:000019B1 50 07                    jnc     code_19BA       ; Jump if Carry is clear
                      code:000019B3 75 73 00                 mov     Open_RAM, #0    ; Move (Op1 <- Op2)
                      code:000019B6 D2 18                    setb    RAM_23.0        ; Set Direct Bit
                      code:000019B8 80 07                    sjmp    code_19C1       ; Short jump
                      code:000019BA          ; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      code:000019BA
                      code:000019BA          code_19BA:                              ; CODE XREF: Logging_Code_01:code_19B1↑j
                      code:000019BA 75 73 01                 mov     Open_RAM, #1    ; Move (Op1 <- Op2)
                      code:000019BD 75 F0 00                 mov     B, #0           ; B-Register
                      code:000019C0 22                       ret                     ; Return from subroutine
                      code:000019C1          ; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      code:000019C1
                      code:000019C1          code_19C1:                              ; CODE XREF: Logging_Code_01↑j
                      code:000019C1                                                  ; Logging_Code_01+18↑j
                      code:000019C1 E5 73                    mov     A, Open_RAM     ; Move (Op1 <- Op2)
                      code:000019C3 70 1B                    jnz     code_19E0       ; Jump if Acc is not zero

Comment

Correct, he samples the TPS and compares it with raw value 0xC0. If greater RAM73 will be set to 1, if not to 0. This will activate or disable the datastream in the ISR.

anyway it does not work on my bench setup. I don’t know why...

Comment

when i was working with the 3B ECU the boost side didnt seem to register the ADC inputs unless the the car was running. i thought it was strange but didnt care to figure out why it was like that so that is why i based the boost side off of RPM to start the high speed logging instead of TPS.

Comment

ADC read out you can figure out by reading the code why it’s only done when engine is running.

Comment

Originally posted by Acki View Post
                              ADC read out you can figure out by reading the code why it’s only done when engine is running.
                              it doesnt really matter, the way i did it with RPM in the 3B boost chip works just fine.

Comment

the TPS 100% was done to totally disable highspeed logging for the duration of time that it is running. Meaning you can start the engine and use normal measuring blocks and normal diags functionality.
                                No idea on 3B, but AAN samples ADC just fine with only ign on.
                                http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Working...
                                X