Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car will not start

Hi guys
    I have a PRJ Mod ECU here which I used to run in one of my cars with a GT30.
    I wanted to try this out on a stock AAN motor in my friend’s modified coupe so I burnt a pair of “stock turbo” chips but the car wouldn’t start. He brought the ECU back to me so I tried it on my RS2 spec Avant. No go. Thinking I might have a bad chip I tried a pair of “normal” RS2 chips in the modified ECU and the car started.
    So I erased the working chips and burnt another pair of PRJ mod “stock turbo” chips and put them in but the car will not start on them. (I realise the RS2 injectors are too big for the stock chips but I’ve started a car like this before and it just over fuels..

Am I missing something or do the bin files for stock turbo on the Wiki not work?

Thanks in advance!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Something to do with the fuel chip
    I made a copy of the Big Turbo fuel file that was running in my coupe and changed the injector constant to 280cc, burned that and the car fired up.
    So there must be something not switched on in the stock turbo bin. ?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Corrupt file? I've had issues with eeproms when I didn't burn them with sufficient voltage to the programmer hardware and also when the chips weren't fully wiped with UV.
      91 Modded 3B
      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

I’ve tried 2 versions of the file, the first one I downloaded from GitHub about 3 years ago and the second downloaded yesterday (last update 2018). These were dl as a Zip, I’ve got a direct dl file which I could try burning.

It has to be the file though, as soon as I burned the other file which had been working in my coupe it fired up.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

It’s the file in the Zip which is bad, or doesn’t unzip properly.
          I downloaded the “stock turbo” fuel file on its own and it works fine!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X