Problems connecting to Vagcom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems connecting to Vagcom

Ok, this is for an unmodified ECU. I used to be able to pull codes fine but now I can’t.
    In fact I have 2 ECUs that don’t “connect to controller” but a third which does so I’m sure the car and laptop etc are good and there’s something wrong with these 2 ECUs.

Otherwise the car runs fine on both of these ECUs, I’d just like to pull codes!
    (Sometimes the car doesn’t start immediately and needs 2 or 3 tries, I’m wondering if the cam sensor is starting to play up.)

I’ve done a lot of ECU swapping on this car and it’s possible I’ve swapped at some stage with the ignition still switched on, not sure.

Does anyone here have any experience of what might be damaged in the ECU to prevent data connection?

Again, these are not PRJMod ECUs they are standard apart from chipsets MAP etc. and have connected to Vagcom in the past.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

John mine has never worked properly I never have voltage at the feed plug in the fuse box so to overcome this I’ve been able to bridge a wire from a fuse
    i know my afterrun coolant pump doesn’t work fuse is fine so it’s a connector somewhere I know these 2 are linked
    good luck

Comment

Originally posted by andyg plym View Post
      John mine has never worked properly I never have voltage at the feed plug in the fuse box so to overcome this I’ve been able to bridge a wire from a fuse
      i know my afterrun coolant pump doesn’t work fuse is fine so it’s a connector somewhere I know these 2 are linked
      good luck
      Everything works perfectly on the third ECU so I know it’s not the laptop, dongle or the car wiring.
      Just something with these two ECUs

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Change chips and maps and try
        photobucket SUCKS
        sigpic

Comment

Working...